Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Naylou
My Device: Storm 2

Email Reconciliation

My previous blackberry had the ability to reconcile emails, ie. if I deleted a message from my email it prompted me if I wanted to remove it from the server too. Is this option not available on the Z10?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Email Reconciliation

Hello,

Nope...the BlackBerry implementation of ActiveSync (BIS is gone) involves total replication (within the timeframe selected) between the device and the server. There is no option to do one thing on one platform, and not reflect it to the other.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10

[ Edited ]

{edited due to premature send hit on the Z10!} :smileyhappy:

Although the BIS is gone, if you are using IMAP or ActiveSync you do have reconciliation. :smileyhappy:

Deleted emails are immediately deleted and that is reconciled on the server immediately. To keep an email on the server and not see it on your Z10, simply file the email into a folder. You can chose to turn off viewing filed messages on the Z10 in the settings of the hub. These are available on that folder if you synchronize it to your workstation or another device. :smileyhappy:

The only caveat to that is that currently the messages must be read for them to be hidden when filed, not sure if that is by design or if it is a bug.

Many other items reconcile to the folder (in IMAP for sure, I am not using ActiveSync yet) such as items marked read, unread and flagged. This will all be reconciled on all devices using IMAP (and I assume ActiveSync.)

Certainly different that we were used to with BIS, but the new system actually offers us more functionality as far as reconcilliation is concerned.

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Huh? How does that differ from what I said? I said there was total replication between the device and the server...which means deleted items as well. I fail to see how your post adds anything to the discussion for the OP...but thanks for the assist anyway.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

[ Edited ]

Ahhh sardine.. my favourite Elite. :smileyvery-happy:

Yes, I hit send early on my Z10... read the edited completed version.

Simply offering him and actual solution to the reconcilliation that he misses, as the same funtionality can be achieved... simply using a different workflow.,. :smileyhappy:

Not everything new is bad.

Thanks again!

Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Yo9871234
My Device: bb z10

Hi Drew,

I am sure I will get the hang of this new phone soon even thou right now is driving me crazy :smileysad:

So, one of my frustrations which you maybe already answered here is that I deleted my emails from my z10 and then I noticed it deleted my emails from my Outlook, which never happened with my Curve :smileysad:

I looked everywhere on deleted folders, trash and webmail and cannot find those emails anywhere :smileysad:

My intention was only to clean the phone inbox.

so the question is.... and please tell me there is a way... Can I recover and find those emails I deleted from the phone somewhere? :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

Unfortunately no, those emails are gone. :smileysad:  Many threads about that here on the forums.

Workaround is to file those items that you want gone on the device in a folder rather than to delete them, but then you need to turn off "show filed items." There is a thread about that, after lunch I'll find it and post the link here. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
greggov
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Yo9871234 wrote:

Hi Drew,

I am sure I will get the hang of this new phone soon even thou right now is driving me crazy :smileysad:

So, one of my frustrations which you maybe already answered here is that I deleted my emails from my z10 and then I noticed it deleted my emails from my Outlook, which never happened with my Curve :smileysad:

I looked everywhere on deleted folders, trash and webmail and cannot find those emails anywhere :smileysad:

My intention was only to clean the phone inbox.

so the question is.... and please tell me there is a way... Can I recover and find those emails I deleted from the phone somewhere? :smileysad:

I'm not sure if you're reffering to desktop Outlook or Outlook.com. If you're using Outlook.com, there's a setting under Inbox -> Options -> POP and deleting downloaded messages. Here there is a setting that says if the handheld says to delete then delete them, or essentially move to trash. You may want to check your settings.

As has been mentioned though, BIS is gone and the BB10 devices now mirror your mailbox, and there is no more "delete on handheld only". While I miss that feature, I do like that my Z10 and mailbox stay in sync, and faster, than using BIS.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Yo9871234
My Device: bb z10

:'(

Thanks for the quick response anyway.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

Here is a link to that explanation for the workaround that I was talking about. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.