Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
ecosse
My Device: Not Specified

Email Sync

Hi guys,

Just set up my 5 email accounts with the new Z10. I would like to know how do I sync it so that to give preference to my Z10, like I could in my old BB phones.

What I mean is that once I have deleted an email on my BB10, it should not download on my laptop and should be automatically deleted.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Email Sync

Depending on your email provider the mail, when deleted on the handheld, should automatically delete on the server.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ecosse
My Device: Not Specified

Well that's exactly what's not happening. I'm encountering this problem most with Gmail. I think if I can find a fix to that, I should be able to replicate it for my other email accounts too.

How do I get to the feature so that when I delete on handheld the email gets deleted on the server too?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Paul_Timson2606
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2 UK

This is a "problem" I have encountered too... I always automatically copied in myself so I had a record on my laptop of emails sent when working remote via BB... a useful feature... but now gone... unless you copy yourself manually each time you email which is a real pain... But then again I've found a lot of negatives... if interested in more pls see my post:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/Personal-exerience-with-the-new-Z10-not-good/t...

One seriously unhappy BB user here!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Paul_Timson2606
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2 UK

Sorry guys I had two topics open at once and posted to the wrong one... my post above relates to BCC to self when emailing from the Z10... sorry...

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

With Gmail it should be reconciling. Also, sent mails from the device should show up in sent items on the server and vice versa.

Try setting up the Gmail using active sync. Remove the account from the device. Go back to add the account but touch on Advanced and use the active sync option. Type everything as usual, leave domain blank, and use m.google.com for the server.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.