Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Orange

Email account suddenly disconnected

Hi

All of a sudden my email account encountered problems and stopped being connected. I deleted the account and reconfigured it again. It worked for a minutes then again became disconnected.

Opening it folder there is a message saying " An unexpected problem occured with email account - some features may not be working correctly".

All the settings are correct. I have no clue why this problem has developed from nowhere.

I have configured the same account on my iPhone and it is working without any problems.

Need an urgent help, please

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Email account suddenly disconnected

Hello,

Given other reports here on the forums, I'd recommend you ring up Orange. From all we can gather, the carriers are having to make changes to their networks for the BB10 devices, as they work very different from legacy devices (BIS is not required for BB10, and can actually prevent proper functionality of a BB10 device). And I fear that some unexpected results are happening -- your's is not the first report like this (though I don't recall if another Orange user reported this...O2 for sure).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Orange

Hello Thanks for the information. I will ring Orange and explore solutions. I am running BIS, do you recommend i should interrupt the service? What alternative program is recommended in case Orange could not come up with a solution? Thanks in advance.
Highlighted
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

I recommend that you ask them. From one I remember from O2 (I think), they were told that they needed to keep BIS on their Z10 until O2 finished up with their network mods, at which time BIS could be dropped.

But, for example, if Orange is farther along that O2, then BIS may well be the root cause of your issue...having BIS in place has been reported to impede proper BB10 services in some cases. So, if that's the case, then dropping BIS would be the right move for you.

But, again, only Orange can answer these questions with any level of surety. All I am giving you is suppositions based on what I'm seeing reported here in these forums...I have no "back channel" access to anything formal to tell me anything for sure.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code