Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

Email attachments not showing up in email

Hi, I am using a Z10 and one problem keep me from doing my work. For some reason my emailattachments are not being downloaded. They don't even show up in the email. They only for me to know whether the email contains an attachment is based on the senders text. I can not imagine this is unfixable. Please advice
Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2258; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Email attachments not showing up in email

What kind of email are you using? Exchange? Personal, like GMail, Outlook.com, Yahoo!, etc.? Is this a BES 10 account, meaning do you have a work side and a personal side on the device? We need a lot more info in order to be able to lend some assistance.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Hi John,

I am using Exchange/Activesync. We have our own mailserver which we connect to.

There is no personal/work side setup. I used it as it came. Only installed my emailaccount on the device.

Need any more info, just let me know.

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2258; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

My guess is it's an issue with the Exchange Active Sync setup. Have you talked to your IT admins?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

I spoke to them. The funny thing is that they attachments are showing on my colleagues there devices. They have iOs devices.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

in mail settings there is an option to donload attachments, do you have that set?

What version of Exchange?

What OS are you on Z10?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

I have  "Download Messages While Roaming" set to ON.

There are no other setting concerning attachments

http://postimg.org/image/rz1fdsu5h/

screenshot mail setting

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

go into display and action in settings to enable download images automatically.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Guru I

That will get HTML images but not necessarily email attachments. Is there a setting or policy in EAS that would prevent BB10 device from getting attachments when iOS devices will?
Guru I

Also, have you removed and re-added the account?