Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
mary_lai
My Device: Z10

Email disappear from Z10 after some time

My Z10 OS is 10.2.1.2141.   When I only have handheld on, email appears.  I didn't open the messages.  After some time (not sure the exact time, perhaps a hour or so), my messages got deleted from the Z10.   I then opened my email client on my computer desktop, it never download the messages.  It looks like the messages were deleted from the mail server via Z10.   This happen ever since I upgraded my Z10 OS.

I had removed my email setup in Z10 and reset it. It doesn't seem to solve this problem.

In the 'Display and Actions', I had set the 'Messages' with 'Delete on Prompt'. 

New Contributor
mary_lai
My Device: Z10

Re: Email disappear from Z10 after some time

More info to my trial to bypass the problem.  I had deleted my email and recreated by setting 'Email SYNC timeframe to FOREVER'.  Now my email stays with my handheld a bit longer than before - several more hours regardless I opened the email in the handheld or not.  The nightmare is that those email also got deleted from my email server.   I then no longer to access those email through Outlook.