Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10 and Curve

Email errors not clearing

I have multiple devices accessing my email, so am very used to getting errors when 2 try at the same time.  Some devices come up with the screen to enter the password, I can cancel and it just tries again later.  My old BB would just try again later and I wouldn't even know it happened.

The Z10 comes up with an error, which is fine, but I can't clear it without re-entering my password, which is a royal pain.  It also won't try again until I do clear the message by entering the password.  Is there any way to clear/cancel the error, so it can try again later without having to put in my pasword all of the time? 

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Email errors not clearing

Hey sandyhome,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

What is the exact error you're receiving?  Can you take a screenshot of the message?  Also what version of BlackBerry 10 software are you using?  Go to Settings>About to get this information.

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Device: Z10 and Curve

I am using 10.1.0.4181

Unfortunately, I can not make the error happen as it only happens when more than one device tries to access at the same time.  I can tell you that it appeared in the hub, with I believe a yellow icon.  It basically indicated that it couldn't access the account.  I tried to clear it by tapping, which leads me to the account settings, and hitting cancel, but it did not clear.  The only way to clear it is to retype my password, then it disappears from the hub completely.

The error is not really a concern.  As I said, it always happens when multiple devices try to access my account at the same time; and I know why it happens.  The inability to clear it without having to retype my password, and the fact that it just shuts down attempts is what is most annoying.  My Curve would just try again when this happened, but the Z10 stops trying, and having to retype my password all of the time is really annoying.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10

Hello I hope someone can help as i am very upset my BB10 is not functioning.

I have had this handset 3 months & love it!:Clap:

i updated the OS and now on 10.1.0.4181... I had to do a memory swipe as handset working fine until update then it would not make or receive calls hence the swipe also cleaned up emails etc.

Now when I come to add the email accounts  which it allows but  no emails are received.. I keep getting  this message 'there was an unexpected error and the operation was cancelled.':Sweatdrop:

I used to have 2 x virgin media email addresses, 1 x hotmail.co.uk & 1 x live@.co.uk email address linked to Z10 handset and worked perfect..

What has happened to my phone.. I so need it to operate as before as I use it for work (self employed)

On the settings the virgin emails will sometimes say not connected.

I can use the internet & apps ok & text.. but I love the hub and that is not working like it did...

Can someone please help & advise...Thanks:smileyhappy:)