Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

mcollisllb
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Email flaw

So my email address is almost identical to my father's. I'm going to use a fake name and email here, but everything else is correct. So My name is Michael Smith and my father is Martin Smith. My email address is msmith@gmail and his is mmsmith@gmail.

Whenever I attempt to email something to myself from the Z10 it goes automatically to my father even though manually type in the correct email address and the autocorrect does not appear to be doing anything.

I think this is a bug with the OS, but I could be mistaken. Thoughts?  

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Email flaw

Do you have Two diffrent contact names in your contacs(Martin Smith & Michael Smith). If you do then when you start composing and email, it looks at your contacts as you type their name, it shows you the list that match. My brother and I have almost the same name except one letter and I have no issues in sending an email to him.  Or are you just typing the email address without using your contact. If you use this method, after you enter the email address of the person ex bob@bob.com, you will see it underneath where you are typing, then click on it and it will highlight it blue then you are set. 

Please use plain text.