Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
sevilla315
My Device: Torch 9800, Z10
My Carrier: EE

Re: Email issues. EE mobile provider. TalkTalk email

I seem to be able to send email on wifi but still no joy on 4g/3g

I saw this thread on another BB forum about this (seems a common problem, and my wife has never been able to send emails on her iPhone outside the house on talktalk) which said it was to do with encryption.

I turned it off (seems defaulted to StartTLS) and checked that I could send emails then tried it when I went to work, no joy. I had a look at the settings again and they had reverted to StartTLS!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
sevilla315

I saw this other post whereby someone couldn't access a mail server in Malta and a tech person suggested entering the physical DNS host ipaddr directly in the Wifi connection and that seemed to work.

I had noticed that when trying out various account settings for my talktalk account (port, encryption, etc) that I got the same error messages saying it couldn't contact the smtp host.

Could it be that in 4g/3g mode, it can't find/resolve various isp smtp host addresses? I wonder if I put in a physical IPaddr for the smtp.talktalk.net in my account settings that these send problems for non-gmail accounts in 4g mnode would disppear?

Does anyone know the physical IP addr for smtp.talktalk.net?

Thanks,

S

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
sevilla315

I had been on the phone to EE tech support today about this and it escalated to L2, who couldn't help at all, but then suggested just changing my outgoing smtp server to gmail's which worked, but my id on the receiving side showed up as my gmail userid, which was a bit cr@p.

Googling to find the smtp.talktalk.net ipaddr, I came across a company selling a global smtp solution, mysmtp.eu, promising to cure all sending problems, and the ability to send emails from any device around the world.

You specify a physical ipaddr as I suggested, and you get a login but I guess what I don't know is if the resultant email is received as the original sending email id.

Anyone out there try this service?

S

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
sevilla315

Well I took advantage of their free 7 day test, changed my outgoing smtp to theirs (mysmtp.eu), send an email to my gmail email with wifi turned off, and it got there fine, with the correct sender email.

I turned on wifi and tried another and that worked too.

It seemed slightly slow to deliver, but at least I will have a working system for round the world.

My wife who has NEVER been able to send emails from her iphone will now be shot of this problem!

S

Please use plain text.
Harli
My Device: Blackberry Q10

Having spoken to EE, they claim that talk talk, tiscali and lineone, ie all of the companies that got swalled by talk talk, are all -incompatible- with EE.
This is not a blackberry problem as far as I'm aware. It's an EE one. Or at the very least, they have accepted blame.
Even with updates I can only get it to work on the wifi. Regardless of smtp, ip or any other settings.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Stevieight
My Device: Z10 STL100-2

Did they offer any compensation?

I run by business using my talktalk account with an EE phone. It's a real pain. I haven't kicked up yet but.....

Please use plain text.
markcockburn
My Device: Blackberry Q10

I still have this problem on EE using a Q10.   It has to be an EE problem, as this does not occur on another provider I use on the same device. Countless support calls. I decided to stick with BB instead of a migration to iphone, faithfull to the number of times BB has helped in remote places, still providing email.  Now I cant even send an email in London.  Sad really, as time to throw in with BB for good. Dont think they will make it. I think it is as simple as getting the correct SMTP server address, but on one at BB or EE knows.....

Stevieight wrote:

Nobody admits it's their problem. EE just say try this setting etc. TalkTalk aren't interested as it's not their kit. Come on BB don't let down your loyal customers

Please use plain text.