If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
dawoodx
My Device: z10
My Carrier: DU
Accepted Solution

Email message can't be displayed

The email messages show up in the Hub, however it keeps saying " Could not display this message". This is the case with all emails. How do I make the email content display ?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Email message can't be displayed

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Try resetting the hub -- with the Hub showing, 5 diagonal swipes from top-right to bottom-left. See if that helps.

Otherwise, is it only in the main Hub Messages list that this is the problem. If instead, you peek over and shift to the actual email account, do the messages then display correctly?

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dawoodx

Hi Thanks for your reply. i tried the diagonal but the problem still persists. In fact the problem exisits individually in the email accounts as well. Basically i can see the email header and when i try to read the message, it simply says it cant display it. So I have no email on my phone !!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hmmm...OK...then try removing the account (test with just one) and then adding it back in. Go ahead and let the wizard (email address and password only) handle it if it can.

If the problem persists or the account cannot be added via the wizard, use the Advanced configuration and provide the details (server, port, etc.) manually. Check with your provider to be sure you've got the proper details...or check another device (e.g., Outlook client) and replicate the settings there. Try also IMAP or POP if your provider has both.

Also be sure to do a shut down and reboot (not a plain restart...a full shutdown first)...sometimes that clears up odd behaviors.

Good luck and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dawoodx

the reboot did it. thanks so much :-)

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Sorry...I really should have thought of that first for you. You are most welcome, and enjoy!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
gancw1
My Device: BB Bold
My Carrier: StarHub

I get the same problem as well.  I need to reboot the system to fix the problem.

Please use plain text.
pgolby
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Glad some people are having the same problem, this is a regular occurrence for me. Seems everyday usually in the evening I go to view my email on the phone and get the message " Could not display this message", Only way to fix the problem is to reboot the phone and then I can view my email messages. So I have a fancy phone which requires me to reboot it everyday when the problem starts. I have been trying to get this service ticket resolved with Blackberry, but so far no results. Hope to get this solved soon or it may be the end for me as a long standing BB user. Any help out there!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
leppa
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Limited Edition
My Carrier: blau.de

I have the same problem. But in my case I can't remove any account, because when I go to Settings -> Accounts it doesn't load: a spinner and Loading... message are shown indefinitely. Reboot doesn't help, powering off for some time doesn't help either. Last thing I remember doing before it started is full device backup via BlackBerry Link.
--
With best regards,
Oleksii Serdiuk
Please use plain text.
lcz
lcz
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

+1

Getting same problem since yseterday. Only reboot will fix, but problem comes back within hours. Also getting "Error extracting token key" in LinkedIn app. What changed before I got the issue:

Installed BlackBerry link

Renamed the phone

Added a MicroSD card

Please advise ASAP: The phone is pretty useless at the moment.

Please use plain text.