Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
thepostie
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Email problems on my Z10

I am currently a sky email customer in the UK and they have just changed from Google email to Yahoo.

Just after a little help if possible.....Until yesterday any email sent to me was delivered to my blackberry pretty much as soon as it was sent but now since the move to yahoo my mail is only delivered every 15 minutes via push.

My wife also has a blackberry and uses yahoo as her email (not sky yahoo) and her mail is delivered straight away using the same settings as we both have the same phones.

any ideas greatly appreciated

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: Email problems on my Z10

In the email setup accounts for each account there is a menu select for each of the email sync intervals. I have mine set to 30 minutes. You can put it down to the lowest.

Having email checked (polled) very often will use slightly more battery power.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Email problems on my Z10

thepostie wrote:

I am currently a sky email customer in the UK and they have just changed from Google email to Yahoo.

Just after a little help if possible.....Until yesterday any email sent to me was delivered to my blackberry pretty much as soon as it was sent but now since the move to yahoo my mail is only delivered every 15 minutes via push.

My wife also has a blackberry and uses yahoo as her email (not sky yahoo) and her mail is delivered straight away using the same settings as we both have the same phones.

any ideas greatly appreciated

If you are getting emails every 15 minutes, then the z10 is pulling them at that interval, it would seem that push is either not turned on for that account (on the z10) or it is not available at the server.

What type of connection is it? POP, IMAP or activesync?

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.