Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: z10

Email problems

I  am experiencing huge problems with my email on my new z10.  Text in emails I send is missing, emails have reformatted to have each character on it's own line like

h

e

l

l

Seriously!!!

In other cases characters have been replaced by symbols.  My email is through go daddy and I have called them repeatedly.  I have changed my settings so they are SSL and non SSL and nothing seems to help.  Is it GoDaddy is it my BB?  I had a bold previously and never had this problem.  Please help.  I am a loyal bb supporter but this cannot continue.  

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook

Re: Email problems

Several other posts on this...

search for SMTP, POP, email,...

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook

See:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/Z10-encoding-issue-in-outgoing-email/td-p/2212...

Long thread, but the upshot seems to be that the some email servers are having trouble with Z10 formatting (they shouldn't be having issues, but ...)

Make sure you have the latest OS. Select settings/software/check for updates

New Contributor

Thanks I will try that and cross my fingers.
Solutions: 6,096
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Just turn your Z10 landscape, solves it and the email renders correctly for reading.

I don't know the reason behind. I've seen it very few times, each time on an email forwarded from or composed on a iPhone. I think it's an Apple conspiracy!

Anyway,turn those emails horizontal or landscape.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I am still having serious problems.  This is a sample of the text that got altered in an email to a client yesterday:

=/o:smileytongue:>

I am not certain if there are any direct c=mponents

I have the latest operating system, I have tried shifting orientation,  SSL and Non SSL settings.  Any other suggestions? 

Solutions: 6,096
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Ggirls wrote:

I am still having serious problems.  This is a sample of the text that got altered in an email to a client yesterday:

=/o:smileytongue:>

I am not certain if there are any direct c=mponents

I have the latest operating system, I have tried shifting orientation,  SSL and Non SSL settings.  Any other suggestions? 

What was altered?

ALSO >> You have your mobile phone number listed as your "My Mobile Provider" or carrier. Putting your phone number out on the internet on these public forums for the world to see, is not wise. To change that, at the top of this page click on My Settings > Personal Profile > Personal Information, and in the entry block for "Carrier" type the name of your mobile provider.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code