Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Email queries

I have two queries about the Z10 - I hope somebody can help!

1. In old blackberries, when you composed an email you chose the recipient from a list of your contacts or typed a new email address. In the Z10, by typing an initial letter, it offers you the email address of ANYBODY who has emailed you, including advertising and donotreply addresses. How can you simply delete the ones you don't want to be offered?

2. In old blackberries, when you went to compose an email the 'to' line was blank until you populated it, and that's all there was. In the Z10, it has a grey line below 'to' in which it is offering you a couple of recent correspondents (again one or both could simply be advertising or donotreply addresses). How can you make the grey suggestions disappear? (It seems to assume that whoever contacted you last you'll want to write to next - which is not always correct!)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions! Smiley Happy

ABC

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Email queries

Hello ABC and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for your questions on email functionality on the BlackBerry Z10.

BlackBerry 10 is a new platform which has different features and functions.

When composing an email, the contacts whom you frequently email will appear in the grey suggestions. These boxes cannot be removed.

As for when typing a contact in the To field, all contacts in your address book are included in the search. 

Hope this helps to clarify.

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Many thanks for your reply.

It seems bizarre to me that the Z10 chooses to remember ALL addresses that have ever contacted you into an 'address book'. I expect to be able to decide who is in my address book - not leave it to my phone to decide!

What if somebody dies? Presumably the Z10 will continue relentlessly offering you their address?

I don't see why you can't edit this information yourself, even if the phone wants to remember it.

I also don't get why the Z10 wants to offer you a couple of email addresses when you go to compose an email. It feels like it's implying you're too stupid to make your own choice of correspondents!

Two items, in addition to the absurdity of the 'delete' button for texts being right next to 'send', which I think Blackberry needs to rethink.

Makes me pine for my old Bold.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Carrier: Bell Aliant

I beg to differ, when you say the drop down suggestion box offers email choices of who you contact.. That drop down suggestion box when composing emails, adds every single email received, whether it be junk mail, advertising website emails, xxx rated junk mail, and the list goes on and on... This is just plain ridiculous.

That is my number one issue with the email ap for the Z10.. It should only add auto suggestions to people you have previously emailed.. I really hope someone at Rim is paying attentions to our issues here, as that is at the top of my list right now. !!!