Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Jucilla
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE

Email

[ Edited ]

It will not let me update my email address on my Blackberry my email address is [removed personal information] the same as my blackberryID the message reads: your login information for account has changed or is incorrect but I am able to login using same details via browser please can someone help as I have lost all my BB contacts.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Email

Hello Jucilla and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you're experiencing an issue with your BlackBerry ID. 

To clarify, you are trying to change the associated email that you currently used for your BlackBerry ID but are getting the above error when you go to change this email address?

Are you able to update this information on a computer when you go to www.blackberry.com/blackberryid? Do you get this same error? 

As for losing your BlackBerry contacts, can you clarify - did you use Protect to back them up or sync them with your Email account? 

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jucilla

I am trying to add an email account via add a account in settings it is not allowing me to. I'm entering e same info I use whilst accessing through the browser but it won't accept the details entered even when I use the advanced settings.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jucilla

It's the same email address I use for my blackberry id my yahoo account. It's is starting to affect my work now I'm regretting the upgrade.
Please use plain text.
hmthepirate

To clarify, you are trying to add your Yahoo email account on your BlackBerry Z10?

If so, when you select the Add Account icon, tap the Advanced Setup icon on the Bottom (looks like 2 circles on lines) and scroll down to the Yahoo! option.

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jucilla

Thanks for the advise but unfortunately that process does not work even when I tried the Yahoo! It does not work I need help this is getting silly now
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Typing www.blackberry.com/integrate in your phone's browser has been known to solve many issues related to email setup.  You might try that.  Just make sure you do it from your phone's browser and not your PC browser.

Let us know if that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
hmthepirate

Jucilla wrote:
Thanks for the advise but unfortunately that process does not work even when I tried the Yahoo! It does not work I need help this is getting silly now

Hi Jucilla,

At this point we would need to invesetigate device logs to analyze this issue.

Please contact your mobile network provider and ask for a support ticket to be opened with BlackBerry support.

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Please use plain text.