Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
omolaso
My Device: z10

Emails auto deleting on BB 10

This is the second time I have had swathes of emails being summarily deleted from my inbox - I had a look at my hub and a few minutes later there were no emails present and to compound it all, my emails were deleted from my email account as well.

I am tired of contacting my email providers to restore my emails, especially because I am very busy and also because it takes at least 24 hrs for the mails to be restored even in an emergency.

Can you ensure this stops happening or offer me a fix? cos I am gonna dump this phone pretty soon.

Thank you,

Retired
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Emails auto deleting on BB 10

Hi omolaso and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

What type of email account are you using? Does this only occur with one email account?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
omolaso

I have got a yahoo email account, doctors.org.uk, Gmail account as well as a sky account - all emails from all the providers get deleted, with Gmail I can restore easily by going to my box, check the all emails folder and select the missing emails for transfer to my inbox but yahoo is more problematic because you send an email to customer service and wait about 24 hours for the mails to be restored. 

Omolaso

New Contributor
DeborahBarker
My Device: Z10

I am having the same issue as well as if I delete an email from my BlackBerry it disappears from my server also. Very frustrating!!!!
Deborah Barker
New Contributor
Kroy
My Device: Not Specified

What type of email are you using? Are you on BES, Activesync, etc? 

New Contributor
omolaso

I am using the in built BlackBerry email client. Contrary to what Barbara is experiencing, I don't have to delete emails for all my emails to be deleted from the server and it is frustrating. When I call yahoo or Gmail the emails I deleted cannot be restored, but the automatically deleted emails can be 

New Contributor
omolaso

It now seems to me that this deletions happens monthly, this morning I lost all my emails, textb messages as well as mobile contacts. 

This has now become ridiculous, and BB has no answer? I cannot wait for bbm on android, I am dumping this **bleep**hole.

New Contributor
mary_lai
My Device: Z10

Does anyone have a solution to this?   I am having this problem with my Z10 hub.  I saw new email arrived.  Less than an hour later, I looked at the hub again,  the emails disappear from both the hub & my email server.