Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Digiman63
My Device: Blazckberry Z10
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Accepted Solution

Emails disappearing from my BB Z10!

I have email service through Cox Cable of Hampton Roads. Wireless provider is Verizon Wireless. I have a BB Z10 with OS ver. 10.0.9.422. I can receive and send email with no problems. The emails will disappear from the Hub a short while after opening up Outlook 2007 and downloading the emails to my PC.

Is there something I can do to keep my emails on the Z10? I have had this account for 20 years and would like to keep it. I had an iPhone since 2007, 4 of them to be exact and had no problems with my POP account. Any help in this matter would be appreciated. 

Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
SmoothRider
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Emails disappearing from my BB Z10!

Hello Digiman63

Welcome to the forums. 

The reason this is happening is because once you check the email on your computer your are download the message off the mail server and storing them locally on the computer. The BlackBerry is going to reconcile back to the mail server and when it does this it sees that the messages have been remove therefore it removes them from the Hub. To correct this issue you would need to set your email client on your computer to leave copies of the messages on the mail server. The below article will help you do this. 

How to leave or remove copies of email messages on the messaging server

Let us know if you need any other help. Have a good day. 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Digiman63
My Device: Blazckberry Z10
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks for the Help :Clap:

Please use plain text.
Visitor
DavidAqua
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2

We are viewing emails in 3 places

Works computer with Outlook 2010

Imap on iPad

Imap on Z10

We use Mailtraq as our server for POP3, SMTP and iMAP.

Outlook uses POP3 and that controls how long emails are kept on the server as per your advice above (we have always done this)

The iPad uses iMAP and syncs quite happily with the server showing both inbox and outbox items. I have just installed a second SMPT server on Mailtraq using port 587 which works with the iPad and a colleagues Windows phone

Different situation on the Z10. Emails appear in the inbox (or sent items when sending) but disappear from there with the next sync to Maitraq (every 15 minutes), but only after being read.

They are in the hub but why cannot we see a list in the inbox and outbox.

Also the Z10 seems to be copying sent emails to our inboxes. Cannot work out what is going on here

Please use plain text.
incajunk
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

This seems to make sense, but I am getting the identical occurrences, with copies being left on the server (I have never had my emails removed from the server unless I do it personally, being logged in via the web). What else could be causing the emails to disappear from my BB Z10's inbox? It is left completely empty.
Please use plain text.
missing_my_storm2
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Interesting idea if you have unlimited space on the server but if you mailbox overflows this will not work.

The storm had other options to take care of this problem.  Are any of those options available on the new and improved OS?

Please use plain text.