Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: z10 and 9810 torch
Accepted Solution

Emails do disappearing act...

...but come back and disappear again.

Started today.  All email from a hotmail account disappeared and was not able to send email.  The email comes back randomly...sometimes after a restart and sometimes on its own.  Restart did not alwayy bring the mail back.

I setup another email account on the z10 (gmail) but it does not show any messages from the gmail account when the hotmail account is empty.

I have not updated or installed anything to be the source of the problem.  The OS may have been automatically updated.  The phone is using OS 10.1.0.273 which is the latest, so perhaps it automatically updated the OS and has caused the problem (guess).

I changed the synch timeframe to see if it will restore emails but this does not work.  In fact when the email is empty, saving the synch timeframe results in an email.  Only when the email is working will it save the settings without an error.

Notifications from facebook and text messages appear in the Hub but specific emails are not appearing (when the email is empty).

The hub does look like it is trying to update the email (flickers/refreshes) but no new email appears.

I have searched for possible solutions on the boards but have tried everything short of deleting the lhotmail account and setting it up again.  I figured adding the gmail account would show if the problem was with hotmail but since the problem is also affecting the gmail account readding the hotmail account would result in the same thing...no email.

So what is the problem?

BTW BB Protect does not appear to be the same as before in that it does not restore the phone to the last save.  Useless if this is true.

Thanks

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: Emails do disappearing act...

BB Protect does not backup or restore the phone, it's used to remotely locate a lost phone and also to wipe a phone.

You us BB Link now to backup and restore.

Try deleting the email account(s) from your phone then re-adding them.

Fred

Contributor

Deleted and added the account to no avail.  Even when adding another mail account the mail for the newly added account does not show.

I noticed that when the list of 'accounts' (for the lack of a better word.  this is the list that has the hub, bbm, calls, text messages, email accounts...) flickers the hotmail account disappears then when it flickers again the hotmail account appears.

Weirder and weirded!

New Contributor

Having same issue,

Posted elsewhere. This seems to have something to do with hotmail accounts and the changeover to Outlook.com, I also have this issue in Office. Check advanced settings what is your server address? According to outlook it should be m.hotmail.com however mine keeps defaulting to blu-m.hotmail.com

Contributor

Mine was blu-m...I am trying to reset it to m...

Tried saving but after a few minutes it comes up with an error.

Will try to restart to get the mail to work temporarily then reset the server

Contributor

BTW BB Protect on the 9810 saves your info on the phone so that it can be restored in future.  So I am not sure why BB Protect on z10 would not do the same thing.  Weird that the identically named app does different things depending on the OS.  But this is a topic for another thread :smileywink:

same here its stated around 7 hours ago, i have tried delete reconfigure account and all i think its not communicating with server as if you go to advance setup and try changes something its not doing anything.

please help as i am using my contacts through hotmail and now NO contacts at all :smileysad:

Regards,

New Contributor
My Device: Q10

I'm having the same issue. Is RIM working on this?? All my friends advised against BlackBerry again; instead I bought a Q10,, so, I took a chance and two weeks later I'm losing all my contacts and emails in the same manner as described above.. I couldn't help but notice that Hotmail on my computer was having issues earlier in the day; could this have something to do with it?? Can't you guys just fix the obvious problem? This is why you're losing your customer base. Shouldn't take a day to fix something like this when business folk are your clientele. Your whole demise started with a similar debacle when it took you three days to figure it out. Get the issue fixed. Respond with your plan and progress please; that is, if you still care about your customer base.. Thanks..
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

I'm so fed up with this rubbish. Two weeks ago I list all my text messages after updating my OS now my emails not working. If thus **bleep** continues I'm gonna demand a refund and get a phone made by BlackBerry's competitors.
Contributor

I initially thought it was the phone but if you read the whole thread it looks like the problem started with hotmail/sympatico/outlook (i.e. the geniuses at MS).