Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: MTS

Emails for a Z10 and Torch 9800

I recently upgraded my Torch to a Z10. In the past my wife and I both had Torches. We had one email address coming to both torches. If she opened an email it would remain unopened on my torch until I decided to open it.

My wife still has the Torch but I have the z10. If an email comes in and she opens it on her torch it opens on my z10. So I sometimes miss emails. It does not work the other way around, meaning if I open the email first it still remians unopened on her torch. Is there a way to have each device open that same email for the first time?

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Emails for a Z10 and Torch 9800

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

You now have two devices that work differently, but still each acts only against your server. The 9800 will be governed by this KB:

• KB05133 Email reconciliation features for the BlackBerry Internet Service

The Z10, on the other hand, does not use BIS...it has a full on-device email client now.  As such, you are dependent on the settings and configuration items it has available, and it does not have any ability to shut off it's automatic and full reconciliation for all things against the server. It is intended to be a mirror image (within the 30-day max timeframe) of the server, so if the 9800 is changing the read/unread status of items on the server, then your Z10 is going to reflect that...you cannot change how that functions, for it is WAD (Working As Designed).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: MTS

Thanks for the info. Very informative and I appreciate it. It would be nice if it could be the same as before but I can live with the change. I really like the Z10. The autocorrect is amazing. The words poping up over the letters is also a neat thing to use. I am actually faster at typing on the z10 than the torch.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

I agree that the Z10 indeed is an amazing device. Very different from any prior BlackBerry device, but different is just different...and so we must give ourselves the time to adapt to the differences if we are to enjoy the benefits.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 10
My Carrier: Z10 Rogers

Here is an email I received from Blackberry.  Look's like a software update is coming for email.

Subject: RE: BlackBerry INC000026289414 | BB Z 10, FE- Ability to either delete an Email message 'on handheld' or on 'On Mailbox & Handheld''

Hello,

As mentioned on our interaction on the phone, there will be an option to delete on handheld only in a new OS update for the device. As to when that will be released, there is no time frame set or specified. Development of this feature has been accepted and it has been noted that others have been effected as well, however it may take some time for the development team to implement it.

In regards to this information, do you have any further questions or concerns on this ticket that I may assist you with at this time? I will follow up on this case on Monday as well.

Thank you again for contacting us. Have a great day.

Sincerely,

BlackBerry Technical Support

BlackBerry