Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: o2

Re: Empty pictures folder?

Found out that if you move all content you would like to keep, i.e pictures, music, videos, to your phones memory, then use the z10 to format the media card, it will rid you of the 'Pictures' folder. This worked for me.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

[ Edited ]

Bump.

I am experiencing this issue.... thing is, even if I unplug the SD card I still have the empty Pictures folder with 2 items... but when I open it its still blank.

I also can't delete the folder either.  I have the option to, but it will never go away.

The issue is defnitely happening in the phone memory.... I unplugged the SD card and the empty "Pictures" folder with 2 pictures was still there and undeletable.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: o2

I formatted the sd card using the option in the 'storage and access' menu of the phone settings which worked for me. Try that then restart the phone. Just remember to back up anything on the media card first
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

These picture aren't coming from the SD card.  It's coming from the phone.

I pulled the SD card out and it the two blank/empty picture photo still appears.  I'm not willing to do a security wipe for this.

My Device: Z10

This is correct. There will be an empty photo album if you work with pictures.

It is located not on SD card so fixes like wipe card dont apply.

Security wipe will fix likely, but this is heavy handed.

Delete fails

Hidden files in wondows shown

Directory not visible

Delete of root subdirectory photos fails (obviously)

I am tryinig to get the directory recreated or indexed.

Reboot does not make the emtpy album modifiable.

This is a glitch as any power bb user cannot nuke the directory let alone find it.

This I fear is going to force me to wipe.

Highlighted
My Device: z10
My Carrier: tmobile

My pictures wouldn't show on my Z10 after my daughter tried to send some pictures from my Z10 to her Samsung galaxy.  After reading the posts on here I checked the music and realized it wasn't being recognized either.  I had already removed the battery and rebooted which didn't fix the probelm.  I decided to remove the SD card and reinsert it to see if it had anything to do with the file indexing issue mentioned by some on the thread. I got an error stating the card wasn't recognized and to reformat it..  I certainly didn't want to do that because I couldn't back up the data on the card.  So I then removed the battery and rebooted with the card still in the slot.  This fixed my problem and now I can see my pictures and listen to the music.  I have to figure out how to move the information from the card to my device without my computer next.

Contributor

I have the same problem - phantom photo album. 

AT&T Z10 (v10.1.0.2019)
New Contributor
My Carrier: M1

I've had this phantom photo album every since I moved onto OS10.1... My "Pictures" app has an album called "Unknown" with some pictures inside.  I use only internal memory.  I select it and it is empty but showing as an album, there is no way to delete it, I have tried everything possible and finally did a security wipe to clear it off.

Now I have it back again with 54 pictures, and I am now very sure I got those phantom photos from LINE app which I sideloaded.  So it has something to with the the android stack within the phone.

BB support can you please look into it?

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

if you use the file manager, or Windows, you should be able to access the Android folder, there will be a pictures folder in it.
I saw for example the background images for the Amazon Kindle app.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Carrier: M1

I have deleted anything in the android folders that look like photos or thumbnails, but nothing helps except a security wipe.  Even deleting the side-loaded LINE app doesn't help at all.  Everytime I use LINE, more phantom pics get added the the "unknown" album.  Yet when I try to access the album, it shows a black screen.  This is definitely a bug somewhere unless BB officially says they don't support side-loading?