Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
timmac15
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Error: Your login information for IMAP server [*mailserver*] has changed or is incorrect. Please check your account settings

BlackBerry. You really need to get this fixed. I need these two email accounts working on IMAP

Enterprise SME
-BD-
My Device: Z10

Re: Error: Your login information for IMAP server [*mailserver*] has changed or is incorrect. Please check your account settings

If you're sure that all of your information is correct (incoming and outgoing has to verify) then I would suggest calling support and getting a ticket opened to look at what is happening when it tries to add the account.

Contributor
timmac15

And Pay the incident charge... I don't think so....

Contributor
timmac15

If I was the only person with the problem fair enough but as there are others with the problem. I grudge paying the incident charge 

Enterprise SME
-BD-
My Device: Z10

timmac15 wrote:

If I was the only person with the problem fair enough but as there are others with the problem. I grudge paying the incident charge 

Open a ticket with your carrier and if they can't help you they will transfer you to BlackBerry.

Contributor
timmac15

I've contacted BlackBerry and they have given me this link to validate my email accounts:

https://www.blackberry.com/eavt/web20/index.jsp

I am waiting for a call back. Will keep everyone posted.

Contributor
timmac15

[ Edited ]

I've contacted BlackBerry Again and narrowed down the problem to IMAP mail server.  I have opened a support ticket with Streamline (my web host ) as the BlackBerry Support Representative advised that since the email account(s) worked on the BIS on my old account and now don't work on the New BB 10 Devices, which don't use the the BIS they use Exchange/Active Sync.  We both (BlackBerry Representative and my self)  had a look at streamline.net forums and found similar imap only problems (unresolved) experienced by Iphone users too.

Again.  I promise to keep you all posted.

My BlackBerry suport ticket is going to remain open until I have the issue resolved between Streamline and BlackBerry.

Contributor
ctfish
My Device: Z10 and Playbook

there is a solution wherein you use activesync for your gmail.

I did it and is solved the issue.

In adding an account use the "advanced" button and add an Activesync account.

Use your xxx@gmail .com as your username.

use m.google.com as the server

put in your password.

Leave the rest as is.

I hope this helps.

ctfish

Contributor
timmac15

Thanks for this but this hasn't helped.

The problem isn't with the Gmail account.  This added in fine without the need to go into the advanced settings.  The problem I'm having is with:

mail.teknikaltim.co.uk and mail.hordeassassins.co.uk

I can only set them up on POP3 settings.  I need them on IMAP settings for it to work on 2 way syncing and to receive the emails instantly.

Visitor
mikegroves
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I am also having this issue - I have added a Hotmail account and Gmail account no problem but when trying to add my own domain account via IMAP I get the "Your login information for IMAP server [*mailserver*] has changed or is incorrect." error.  I know my settings are correct as the IMAP account works fine on my old Nokia Lumia phone.