Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
tskyyc
My Device: Blackberry Z30

Re: Error: Your login information for IMAP server [*mailserver*] has changed or is incorrect. Please check your account settings

I'm having a similar issue. My company's network will not communicate with my phone.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/unable-to-set-up-IMAP-work-email/td-p/2150723

Contributor
timmac15
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Error: Your login information for IMAP server [*mailserver*] has changed or is incorrect. Please check your account settings

I have received hope from BlackBerry support that this will be fixed in the next udate:

I am following up on case INC000026158926 regarding integrating an IMAP email address into the BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone.

I have loaded production software on a test device here and I was able to reproduce the issue. I looked through some documentation and have found that development is aware of this issue, and has confirmed that the issue will be resolved in the next version of BlackBerry 10 Software.

To confirm, I loaded a future bundle of the software onto a test device and confirmed I am able to successfully integrate the account. 

At this time, I do not have a release date for this software, as it is still being tested, but I can confirm the issue will be resolved in that bundle.

New Contributor
niamhief
My Device: Z10

Can you please confirm if this issue is also affecting battery life?  I am experiencing 100% to zero battery overnight with no apps running and not using phone at all (i.e. while I'm sleeping) - in a matter of 4-5 hours.  

I have read elsewhere that the IMAP issue means that the phone is 'hitting the server' multiple times e.g. 8 times per second and that is running the battery down super quickly.  

I need to be sure that this issue will be fully resolved as I will be unable to return my Z10 if I keep it any longer than Thursday of this week, but I cannot keep a phone that does not pick up my emails.

My email is hosted by my website host - strato - and I can't get it to download emails at all unless I change a setting and then save and I also get a lot of error messages.  It simply does not sync at intervals as I should be able to get it to do, never mind push emails.

Also need to have a reasonable idea of timeframe for the next update - days/weeks/months?? - hardly unreasonable to expect some kind of guidance on a timeframe.  Any luck with that?

Thanks for pushing this issue and keeping us updated.  

Contributor
tskyyc
My Device: Blackberry Z30

I spoke with my IT Manager today and we did a few test emails with the phone. When it was running off our own server for outgoing mail the messages were getting spam tags attached to them. Apparently the IP that Rogers was assigning to the device is getting blacklisted by two separate spam databases
Contributor
timmac15
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Hi All  Vodafone have pushed the new BlackBerry 10.0.10.90 software release and I have managed to add my IMAP Account.  :Clap:

I did get a popup saying that this account may only be available locally  But I am really happy that I can now access my business emails via IMAP instead of POP3 now :smileyvery-happy:

New Contributor
niamhief

Sorted with Vodafone UK 10.0.10.90 Update: Re: Error: Your login information for IMAP server [*mailserver*] has changed or is incorrect. Please check your account settings

I've been checking like a demon for updates and got one just this morning (am on Vodafone UK).  OS update about 150MB and now on version 10.0.10.90.  I have an IMAP account that wasn't pushing or pulling emails unless I changed a setting and saved it or switched the phone on or off completely.  THis IMAP issue (judging from others' posts) was also causing massive battery drain even with phone not being used at all (i.e. while I was sleeping!).  

Great news is that new OS has completed sorted it, I'm now getting emails pushed instantly.  Charged fully at 8 am after OS update and still going strong with fairly light use - 75% at almost 3 o clock - so 7 hours later.  Now that's a massive improvement.  First time my phone has made it past 6 hours without being dead as a proverbial dodo.

Had ordered return bag from Vodafone to give up on Z10 (had already replaced it once), and was considering S3 but happy now and have confidence that other glitches will continue to be sorted out.  Anything else was minor for me and with fab keyboard and really nice looking phone, I'm going to keep mine now.

Brilliant.

Cheers, BB. 

New Contributor
MeetJoeAsian
My Device: Blackberry Z10

SOLUTION:

I just got the Z10 with Verizon, and we don't have the latest update as everyone else, and  I was getting the error message:

"Your login information for imap server [imap.gmail.com] has changed or is incorrect.  Please check your account settings.""

So...I went back and changed the "Username" to the email address I'm trying to set up, and TA-DA, it worked after that....I noticed that it should be an email address since it's a "Required field", and when you go to type your Username, there's a "@" key at the bottom of your keyboard....

New Contributor
pj_farmer
My Device: Bold 9900

MeetJoeAsian - can you post all the info you entered to get it to work?  I also have a Verizon Z10 and can't get this to work!

I have a corporate gmail account with my own domain and I keep getting the "Your login information for imap server [imap.gmail.com] has changed or is incorrect.  Please check your account settings." error when I enter in all my info to connect.

New Contributor
pj_farmer
My Device: Bold 9900

Some additional interesting info. My corporate gmail account is a .co domain. I have another domain under the same corporate gmail account that is a .com domain. I attempted to add the .com domain and it worked first try. I wonder if it has something to do with .co domains????
New Contributor
Yanks77

I was getting the same message for IMAP when trying to add my GMail account.

I did this...

Went into GMail, clicked on the gear icon in the top right corner, Settings, Forwarding and POP/IMAP and IMAP was DISABLED!!

I enabled IMAP.

Works now...:Punk: