Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
Jjang
My Device: Passport

Exchange 2003 Active Sync - Contacts not showing up on BB10

Hi Everyone, i am hoping someone can help.  We have been assumig all along the problem was with our Exchange Server 2003 config and new informaiton has come to light that makes me believe now it is a device issue and I am hoping someone has seen this problem.

The core probllem is that contacts are not syncing propertly.  They are syncing VERY slowly - it has been 7 Hours and only a hundred or so have moves over.  The assumption was they werent copyng over, however new information has led us to potentially believe they are coming over but are being processed by the Z10 and not showing up in the contact list. 

My unit is hooked up to my car on bluetooth and everytime i start my car - it copies over my contact list.  I then noticed that there are contacts which have been copies over, which do NOT show up yet on my blackberry (but are in my exchange contacts) - so my car found the contact from the Z10 and now 3 hours later, that contact is still not in my BB Contacts.  I know for sure that contact wasnt cahced in my car memory, as it is a new contact i created on my office computer only a few hours prior....

This is making me believe that the Z10 is processing the contacts in some way or the index on my BB contacts is bad.

What have I dont todate to resolve the issue:

- complete wipe and reload (3 times)

Today:

Removed the battery and restarted - numberous times

Interestingly, everytme i reboot the device, more contacts appear in my list???  Considering i have approx 800 contacts, this would only mean i have about 500 reboots left before my contacts are all there?

HELP

Retired
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Exchange 2003 Active Sync - Contacts not showing up on BB10

Hi Jjang,

To resolve this for you it would really help if we could gather logs and do some testing. Could you please ask your wireless service provider to open a case with BlackBerry on your behalf so we can look after this for you?

Thanks.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
ashok2067
My Device: Blackberry Z10

similer i am getting same issue with BBz10 with contact sync only

other thinks all sync properly only issue with address issue

can anyone helpe me out the same

THanks

Regular Contributor
Jjang
My Device: Passport

I'm sorry i can't help. The problem never went away. Our it guys updated us to exchange 2013 with bes 10 The upgrade made the bb work perfectly. I understand its a problem with exchange 2003 active sync not fully supporting. Sorry I can't help more.
Contributor
BMWBarrister
My Device: Torch 9800 + Playbook > Z10

Thanks for your post. I have a similar if the the same issue with my BlackBerry but I am not using BES.

There does seem to be an issue with how the BlackBerry j's handling the contacts.