Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL100-2
My Carrier: O2 UK
Accepted Solution

Exchange ActiveSync fails after upgrade to 10.1

Since upgrading to 10.1, ActiveSync has failed to connect to my work e-mail server. If I re-enter the password, I get an error message stating that the details cannot be verified.

If I delete the account, and try to recreate it, I get the error

Your device is connected to a network but the Internet service is not available.Check your network settings.

I've seen the KB article similar to this for Lotus, saying the workaround is to use port 443, but this cannot be set up

at present on the Exchange server - it's out of my hands.

Is there any way to downgrade the Z10 back down to OS 10.0 so I can access work e-mail again - I'm out of the office for the majority of the time so rely on my BB.

Thanks in advance!

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: Exchange ActiveSync fails after upgrade to 10.1

It sounds like you don't have data access on your device. Are you on a WiFi network or using cellular data? If it's the latter, you might want to try re-seating your SIM card. Can you get on the Internet via the browser, etc?
----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
New Contributor

Every other system on the Z10 is working happily; I can easily browse to the Internet via Mobile or WiFi network, all Apps work as designed. Other e-mail accounts synchronise happily!

The KB I mentioned in original post is KB34244, which exactly describes the problem, but refers to Lotus rather than Exchange.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

I'm having the same issue as you against Exchange.  Strange thing is, I updated to 10.1 yesterday and mail worked up until this afternoon.  It is not a Lotus issue, also affecting Exchange through port 80 (non-ssl)

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: etisalat

Exactly same issue here. A couple of hours after upgrade the mails stopped flowing.

I urgently need a reply as I am traveling for 2 weeks and can't manage without my BlackBerry. If this issue is not resolved I will simply throw away my device and forget it about BlackBerry. By the time I was about to look at BlackBerry differently they screwed everything, I an a really unsatisfied customer. Let me see what can BlackBerry do compared to Apple with their brilliant customer care.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

I have had the same issue.. Using the fix of switch to SSL / port 443 it has resolved the problem temporarily buit you have to ask your IT Department to turn that feature on the network server. Not everyone can do that easily and it seems Blackberry has misunderstood that.. While this resolves Blackberry problems for some it can cause domino problems for others.

We can't go on with temporary solutions as we need proper fixes..

I also noticed my battery life has gone far down since this SSL was turned on to get me back up. If this fix was to help extend the battery issue, I would say some royally messed up and caused and even greater problem.

Having been a Blackberry user since the first Curve came out I may have to ditch my device for another option. Something I never thought I would consider..

Someone better get their act together, because as a loyal fan I am getting fed up.. From a fix that screws up my emails and address contacts it's pretty sad..

Contributor
My Carrier: edited

I have the exact same issue. Identical symptoms. And I have tried the exact same workarounds with the exact same results - ie I now no longer have my email, contacts or calendar on the device.

It is now a large phone with a browser. The only reason I bought the device is because of the cheaper international data roaming packages which BlackBerry has, otherwise, I would have stuck with my previous iPhone, which does what it is supposed to, first time, every time.

When is BlackBerry going to fix this? The device is utterly useless as it is.

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Airtel

I am having the exact same problem. all was working perfectly prior to the 10.1.0.273 upgrade (lotus email on activesync with port 80 &ssl off, contact lookup, calendar etc.). OS version 10.0.?.83 was running previously. Post the update, I stopped receiving work email; consequently I tried to increase the sync timeframe under advanced settings as that requires to re-sync account but got the error message, your account could not be authenticated with the service provider. Pls check your setting and try again.. After repeated tries, I rebooted the z10 but no help! Then I deleted the account which happened successfully but creating it is not possible and I am getting the following errors: (with ssl off, port 80 as before) - your device is connected to a network but the Internet service is not available. Check your network settings... I am successfully connected to wifi fully and GPRS (With ssl on, port 443 which we do not use) - the server isnot responding. The server name in your account settings may be incorrect, or the server might be temporarily offline. Check your settings to make sure the server name is correct and try again... Works fine on my iPad so server is responding! I am very disappointed for this upgrade, can you pls help! I Will have to ditch blackberry as work email is most crucial. Can I speak of phone with someone in India? I am traveling Tom morn and need this badly pls! Is the only solution to downgrade and if yes, how? Thanks in advance, VA
Contributor
My Carrier: edited

If it's any help to you, I took my Z10 back to the dealer (this was in Singapore) and, when they couldn't roll back the upgrade, they replaced it with a new unit.

New Contributor

Thanks, although that's a bit drastic. What I'd like is for Blackberry to acknowledge the problem and give a timescale for resolution, or an official way to downgrade back to 10.0 to restore what is essential functionality.

Cheers