Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10

Exchange contacts not syncing

Have Exchange activsync configured on BDS email profile. Mail and calendar sync fine but not contacts.

I thought it might sort itself out in time but 6 hours on and no difference.

All suggestions greatfully recieved.
Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2258; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Exchange contacts not syncing

Have you tried rebooting? Supposedly shouldn't have to but I have cured a few problems like that with a reboot. I had a similar problem with my calendar. It's worth a shot.

Remove the battery and reinsert. Fortunately it boots quick.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Yes, I've also tried reactivating both wired and wirelessly and re moving my account from the BDS then re-adding.

I'll log it with support on Monday and post the resolution here.

New Contributor

I have the same problem with contatcts not syncing and my contacts will sync via exchange OTA with the following devices (playbook, ipad, iphone, ipod touch and samsung GIII) so i'm pretty sure it is not an issue with my corporate exchange server.

Has anyone found a solution??? If I can't get it working I'll need to resort to using Rogers 30 return policy.

Thanks,

Tom

New Contributor
My Device: z10

I wiped my phone data and re input the exchange account info. Still not sure 100% of contacts are syncing. Prior to wipe, contacts disappeared entirely and would not resync when I tried to delete exchange acct and reenter exchange info - therefore the data wipe.
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

I am having the same issue. My device is also unlocked by the way. Just wanted to note that. It's from Canada and I had it imported. I am in the USA on AT&T. LTE works great. Device seems a tad slow compared to other phone's with the same hardware specs, such as the Galaxy Note II, which I also have. I own an iPhone 5 as well. I have extremely high hopes for BB10 and am doing whatever I can, when I can to help support them.

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2258; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I've noticed that my Z10 is slower receiving mail than my other devices using ActiveSync on the same servers. I'm not sure what is causing it. I spent a bunch of time reloading the OS this evening in an attempt to resolve it. Not sure yet if it will help.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Update - Possibly Solved....

Ok, as it may not be "Ideal" for anyone to try this, however.... When I originally added my Exchange ActiveSync account, I was on LTE / Cellular connection . 

I wiped my phone, using the security wipe feature. 

Proceeded to then CONNECT to Wifi , and the very next step was to add the Exchange account. Contact are NOW fully loaded on my device. For those of you who are having trouble. I would atleast make sure you delete, and re-add by ensuring you are on Wifi first, instead of Cellular. If that does not work, then wipe the device, and try Wifi and Adding your account. 

Guru I

I tried a wipe before I tried an OS reload. The OS reload seemed to work better than the wipe. It is that way with the Playbook, as well. The OS reload is a little more time consuming but worked as advertised.
New Contributor
My Device: curve 9330 CDMA

Probably OS reload not done properly... try download and fresh reload it.