Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
RaymondSeger
My Device: BB 10
My Carrier: Do not know

Extremely confused with the extremely complicated BlackBerry apps submission

[ Edited ]

Please help me out, i am extremely confused with the extremely complicated BlackBerry apps submission.

I made an app, the name is "App A", i have successfully sign and uploaded the app. Using the Ripple Emulator, with the signing password of "HelloWorld" (Not real password of course).

Now i am making another app, with the name of App B. i CAN NOT use the same signing password of HelloWorld because the Ripple Emulator said "Oh Snap! Build request failed with message: [ERROR] Error: Code signing request failed because this version of the application or package has been previously signed. Please increment the version(s) and try signing again."

Now i do not understand and i am EXTREMELY confused with the Blackberry application model submission.

First, should i asks for another RDK and PBDT files to create a new signing password for App B?

Or should i just increment the bundle version? the problem when i tried this is that the Server on Blackberry seems to be giving error message saying the APP ID is already in used.

Ok, i am officially stuck and i don't know what to do. Can any blackberry developer here or the official blackberry employee tells me what should i do?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
RaymondSeger

Re: Extremely confused with the extremely complicated BlackBerry apps submission

i don't even know why this signing keys is there in the first place, it is making easy thing harder to do. I need to debug, i need signing keys, i need to test on hardware, i need signing keys, i need to upload, bam! need signing keys.

I wish the model is so simple, i just make an app, and unpload it and then it will be available. But that's just complaining.

Anyway, hope any one here can help. I am quite annoyed with the problem i am having. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
RaymondSeger

Re: Extremely confused with the extremely complicated BlackBerry apps submission

Hello anyone here?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
hvacdon
My Device: 1. Playbook 32G OS 2.1.0.1314 clean load for work 2. Playbook 32G OS 2.1.0.1314 with sideloaded apps and games 3. Z10

Try the developers forum.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
RaymondSeger

link please?

I can't find it.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
RaymondSeger

no wait i found it.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
hvacdon
My Device: 1. Playbook 32G OS 2.1.0.1314 clean load for work 2. Playbook 32G OS 2.1.0.1314 with sideloaded apps and games 3. Z10

RaymondSeger wrote:
no wait i found it.

Good.  Try Crackberry.com as well.  I am not a developer, but from what I have read, the process is supposed to be very easy.  Apparently in the past, the process was fairly complicated, but BB has developed incredible tools to make it simple.  My son is a developer and was telling me that they recently converted their android app to BB within a hour.

Please use plain text.