Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
nightrod
My Carrier: Telstra

Facebook Contacts Showing up in SMS composer Z10

Dont know if im doing something Wrong, but my facebook contacts display along with my contacts that are stored in my phone when i compose a SMS.
Ive disabled facebook links to my contacts, disabled facebook in my contacts settings and had no luck.
I want to keep facebook totally separate to my contacts.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Facebook Contacts Showing up in SMS composer Z10

The cause of the problem is when you setup the Facebook app. It’s a very poor written app for the z10,, I hope they update this app soon, so many features are missing and not working right. Sometimes its more powerful to use the blackberry z10 browser and sign on to m.facebook.com.

To solve your problem, you need to delete the app from your My World. Then go into settings on your home page and select accounts, click on Facebook and hold it then delete it. If you don't want your Facebook contacts in your contacts list, go into the settings in your contacts and turn off Facebook, I also did this with my hub settings.

Now restart your z10. Then go back into My World install Facebook. when you Install it again, it will ask you for your user-id and password. Then turn off find friends, notifications etc.. After install, then go back to the hub, turn off Facebook in hub management, also by default it adds Facebook to your contacts app. Turn it off there if you don't want to see in your contacts. Now click on your text icon on home screen and select compose, it should not have your Facebook contacts there anymore. This is how I got rid of mine, maybe there is a better way to do it, but this worked for me.

IMG_00000011.png

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nightrod

Done all this with no luck.
I've just restored my phone to factory settings, updated software to10.0.10.90 and I'm re installing everything again.
I will keep you updated once I'm done
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen

Keep us posted. For it to work, you must delete your Facebook account in your Homescreen system settings, accounts or it will pick up your original install.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nightrod

Still no luck. I turned off Facebook contacts but for some reason all my fb contacts were still linked with my phones contacts. I just un linked all my fb contacts manually.
This phone us starting to frustrate me.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
foxforce5
My Carrier: telus

IT WORKED IT WORKED!!

Thank you Arsen!!  I've posted a couple times with the same problem.  Thank you for the solution. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
foxforce5

Keep trying.  It worked for me.  I also unlinked all contacts manually and followed Arsen's steps.  I had to remove the FB app twice. 

The first time it didn't work as I didn't log off FB & delete the account.  When the App was reinstalled it automatically entered user name and password so I wasn't prompted to turn off find friends, notifications etc..  I think that's why I wasn't successful.

The second time I logged out of the FB App which prompted me to delete my account.  Then I deleted the App from Myworld, etc.  Then I followed Arsen's steps and now..........FB contacts are now GONE from SMS

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen

Hey Glad it worked for you. The secret is deleting the account in your setting page.. The first time we setup Facebook on the z10, we kind of accept the default settings. I also hated having facebook populate my calendar with Facebook contact birthdays.  My calendar is for work..

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nightrod

I just deleted my Facebook account, deactivated my Gmail contacts, restarted my phone, reinstalled Facebook, deactivated Facebook contacts in settings, reset phone, activated only Gmail contacts and it's fixed my problem.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
foxforce5

Rrrr.  FB contacts are back today.  Rrrrrrr.  It was good while it lasted

Please use plain text.