Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
yasserhy
My Carrier: Etisalat UAE
Accepted Solution

Facebook app is full of ****

The facebook app for blackberry z10 was supposed to compete with the iphone one (of cours this was a joke).

no chat ability

no controls over which kind of feeds to get (most recent or most popular)

Yasser Youssef
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Facebook app is full of ****

Complain to FaceBook.. If they would get off their butts and develop an app for the platform instead of making RIM do it. then it would meet the functionality. :smileywink:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
yasserhy

Well, apparently u didn't read about the developer.. rim was the company that developed the Facebook app! Facebook has nothing to do with it.
Yasser Youssef
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

Which is EXACTLY what I said.. Facebook was too lazy / unwilling to write an app, so Blackberry did the work for them.

If you don't like the app... complain to FACEBOOK who should be making an app for this device themselves to ensure that all of the functionality is there.

Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
yasserhy

You are blaming Facebook for something they didn't do.

This app has been developed by rim since the early devices. It is totally their responsibility to enhance it.

They are to be blamed for a job badly done.

I can't even save pictures for gods sake!!!

They need to fix all the bugs in the blackberry z10 asap or this will be the end of blackberry

I have been using BlackBerry for over 10 years now and it hurts me to see rim losing the phone battle like this
Yasser Youssef
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

I'm not blaming Facebook for anything, I'm simply saying that until the get off of their butts and support the platform (BB10) themselves, that we are not going to see all of the functionality that you are hoping for come in a speedy manner.

Blackberry is hard at work fixing and developing new features for many different areas of the new OS, and most of them are (quite frankly) more important than upgrading a Facebook app (uhhhh... Outlook sync over USB anyone?) and that if you hope to see the Facebook app become developed to its full potential then Facebook needs to join in and develop their own app for their own website.

I am simply suggesting that if it is truly important to you to have a well developed Facebook app that you may want to contact Facebook directly and let them know your opinion. I'm sure that hordes of others will follow you in your quest for a better Facebook for BB10 app, and the more people that you can get onboard that the more likely you are to succed.

Try a little honey instead of vinegar is my only suggestion.... :smileyvery-happy:

You could also try either the Facebook mobile site (m.facebook.com) or the touch site (touch.facebook.com) and see if either of those will suppliment your requriements. A book mark for either can easily be put onto your device by using the Add Bookmark to Home Screen option.I've done this for a bunch of decent mobile sites, most of which offer more functionality than an app would anyway. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
alhashmi247
My Carrier: EE

That's great tip
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gadget206
My Carrier: Bell

and no ability to add a place to check in

the Z10 version is worse than the one on my old 9900!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
xdoomx

[ Edited ]

I believe Facebook 'developed' the app. It simply is HTML5 loading as an app.. it is

http://touch.facebook.com - Browse this on your device and you will have a better experience than the app
This is also the only place can change the sort order of your newsfeed (top right)

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

BlackBerry developed the Facebook app and the hub integtation, and as I mentioned two posts above yours, touch.facebook.com is a great place to get the functionality that you are missing until the app fills out. :smileyhappy:

I also have a thread on this forum full of mobile and touch site suggestions, do a search and add your favourites that you find.

Like it if ya like it. :smileywink:
Please use plain text.