Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 02

Facebook app problems

I have sent email to blackberry app world developer of the Facebook app on my z10 The Facebook app I've never had a issue now I have The issue started with my news feed and timeline and all i get is a white screen telling me no feeds to tap and try again Now 10 hours later I can get to news feed BUT I can't get on my timeline I did for like ten mins but now I have nothing's Like I said I emailed developer n can hope for a return n help I have tried several things Battery pull Uninstalled the app itself twice And just a simple reboot 3 times I only can hope someone reads this post and maybe help me to resolve it I know there is a update for fb but I haven't been prompted unless new install automatically gave it If this the case update has a BUG
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Facebook app problems

Hello sarah0711 and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you're experiencing an issue with the Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones application.

Are you connected to WiFi or using your data plan when this happens?

What is the version of Facebook you are using? What's the OS version of your Z10 under Settings>About>OS? 

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Carrier: AT&T

Seems like a lot of people have problems with the Facebook app. This is also the reason I came to this site. Unfortunately I have not yet gotten any solution of how to solve it. I tried to uninstall and install the latest, but still, didnt work.

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: at&t

Same problem started today. OS 10.0.10.822 Z10 Facebook app. Happens on wifi or via carrier. Rebooted several times upgraded Facebook app still the same. Uninstalled Facebook and downloaded and reinstalled still the same problem with news feed not working.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Passport
My Carrier: Optus Australia

I am also having this issue when I try and view my own profile. There seems to be fix. No "delighting the customer".
Contributor
My Carrier: AT&T

Can you check in you can access the internet via WiFi when the data service is turned off?.

I have another problem where I cannot access the internet on WiFi when data service is off (I noticed from the usage tha it actually used my data plane even if I was connected through WiFi). Yesterday when I tested, suddenly WiFi worked and the facebook app worked again.

New Contributor

Turned off data service. Connected on wifi but same problem with Facebook news feed through app access through browser works fine. Turned data service via carrier back on still have same Facebook app problem.
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: vodafone

Open the Browser application.
2. Enter touch.facebook.com into the URL box at the bottom of the Browser screen and click Go, logging into to the Facebook mobile touch version of the Facebook website
3. Click on Sort in the upper right hand corner of the Facebook News Feed and select Most Recent from the selections displayed.
4. Launch the Facebook application again and note that the News Feed now displays posts in the Most Recent order rather than simply the Top Stories.

There are several threads with similar problem it seems this is a common problem with facebook app

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Device-software/facebook-problems/td-p/329148
New Contributor

THANK YOU!!!  This seems to have resolved the problem.  Was able to now access the facebook app newsfeed from both a wifi connection and a carrier connection.

Contributor
My Carrier: PTCL

i am facing the same issue and i also tried ur solution but it is not working in my case