If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
BigMuscleyArms
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Wind

Facebook events don't sync to calendar (anymore?)

Just as the title suggests, the events that I am part of in the land of Facebook do not sync over to my calendar on my Z10, despite the fact that I have it turned on in settings and have had so for quite some time. Deleted account and reloaded and waited like I've seen people suggest in forums for other issues. No joy.

SO, BBRY - answers?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Facebook events don't sync to calendar (anymore?)

Hey BigMuscleyArms,

To better assist you, If you open the Calendar on the on the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone> Swipe down from the top> Select 'Manage'> Do you have a Facebook calendar listed? If yes, is it checked off?

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Cheers.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BigMuscleyArms

Yes it is indeed checked off. I have birthdays listed but no calendar items. Also, the sync events slider in settings is turned to the 'on' position.
Please use plain text.
Visitor
Check
My Carrier: Verizon

I'm having the same issue. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DLui64

Yeah. I'm experiencing the same issue as well. When I swipe down from within the calendar app and select Manage, I have the Facebook option selected. Then, when I swipe down again, select settings, meeting invitation settings and then account settings, I have all the options turned on. I'm confused. That being said, since I have all the options enabled, I wonder why my Facebook events aren't syncing up with my the calendar app on my Z10.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Hello BigMuscleyArms,

The Facebook Calendar is synchronizing events correctly, currently only Birthday reminders synchronize using the Facebook application.

Thank you.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BigMuscleyArms

Mind telling me what the 'sync events' radio button achieves on the phone then? Aside from create confusion/frustration?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
websterny
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: t-Mobile

I believe that until I noticd today, FB events of all kinds (not just birthdasy) were synced to my calendar .... Is this a change?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
websterny

I just want to note (1) that Facebook Events SHOULD sync with the bb10 calendar, I distinctly remember them doing so until recently (I recall setting the color in calendar settings for such events, and I recall that such events would sync but could not be edited because the sync is only one-way). (2) i'd also note this support article which expressly states events sync http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/47561/amc1352752690069.jsp so, maybe it's a bug in the most recent update of the OS? Of of FaceBook? It is a bit annoying it would be nice to at least know the issue has been acknowledged....
Please use plain text.
Contributor
websterny

Ok, so my FB events stopped syncing. I'm no longer sure how I had set up the system before; on my BB10 device I did have the switch set to sync FB events, and to my main Gmail account I had also had added my FB events (as well as a secondary calendar associated with another of my gmail accounts) for many months it worked. I can't say through which mechanism the successful sync was occurring, but for a time both sets of events appeared on my BlackBerry calendar, flagged with the proper color as set on the BlackBerry. Anyway, FB events stopped (other than birthdays) but the secondary calendar continued to sync properly. Bottom line, I went to this link and checked off the FB calendar and now all is well again: https://www.google.com/calendar/iphoneselect
Please use plain text.