Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Facebook messages seem slow

Anyone else having an issue that Facebook messages through Blackberry Hub seem to get received with a lag ?

I recevied a message, on iPhone it was there instantly, took another 3-5 minutes for Z10 to get it.

Thoughts ?

Contributor
My Carrier: Three UK

Re: Facebook messages seem slow

[ Edited ]

I usually get it almost instantly in the Hub before I actually get it on the App itself. Sometimes it lags but I think it may be a network data problem.

~d.

Contributor

Is there a refresh or push option..

I received a messenger message on iphone and it took at least 15 minutes to see it on BB10.

Contributor
My Carrier: Three UK

[ Edited ]

Not for the Hub I don't think. Try restarting your phone.

~d.

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Telus

I too have very slow facebook messages to the HUB, if at all. It seems that the HUB doesn't actively pay attention to facebook. Likely checking it once every ten minutes or every fifteen, and I see no place to change this. I'd like to be able to instantly message from the HUB. Any ideas? Updates? Official news? The facebook app is pretty brutal in general...

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

You can't change the frequency that facebook checks for messages but you can refresh your News Feed which will show any new posts. To do this, make sure your News Feed shows the post at the top of your page then pull the page down and release it. That refreshes the News Feed.

I hope that helps you. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Telus

I'm aware of how to refresh from the Facebook App. What I'm asking about is specifically the interaction between Facebook messages and the HUB. What my concern is is that messages arrive in the HUB but with lots of lag time. For example. A message being sent from a Facebook friend and arriving to my HUB several hours later. By which time said friend is offline... shouldn't Facebook messaging be instant as long as you're connected to an Internet network?
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Yeah, it should certainly be quicker than a few hours. Something's up there.

Cheers. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor

Seems to take a good 15 minutes to sync up.. I wonder if the OS update will fix.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I think, Z10 is not a good phone in comparison to IPHONE 5. I bought this phone 5 days back with a greatest expectation & I am totally fed up with this device

First: The battery is aweful. Have to charge at least 3 times or even more.
Second: The mail isnt push anymore. In previous Blackberry, the mail was push which was the catch of this brand. Now, mail comes in way late, not useful. And sending mail is also extremely slow. takes about 3/4 minutes to send one mail.

third: Apps are too slow to work. FE, FACEBOOK, have to wait for a prolonged period to get it opened. Same for Twitter.

Fourth: From calls, cannot select to send message, have to go to the contact to do SMS.

In one word, a very difficult phone, they have made & I am personally not happy at all having the Z10. I am a true fan of Blackberry & have been using this brand for last 6 years..

Thought changing 9900 to Z10 would be useful, but now I see, its the otherway round.

Using simuntinously Iphone5 & this is amazing. The device is super fast!! Works perfect. I must say that BB hasn't developed at all.