Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
monkeno
My Carrier: O2
Accepted Solution

Facebook questions

When I try to logout of FB it ask me if I want to Delete Account

Does this mean that FB is always on? Anyway to change this? I don't want to msgme except when I am actually ON FB.

Also, they have automatically pulled in contact data for all my FB people. I don't want then to start to be mixed in with all my other contacts. Anyway to UNDO this?  I set 'Find Friends' to OFF but it seems to not be that features.

Great to be a beta tester after 3 years.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Facebook questions

Hello,

Within the Settings > Accounts for FaceBook, you simply turn off "Enable Notifications"...then you won't be "pushed" anything and will have to go into the app and "pull" everything you want.

For the contacts, simply launch the Contacts apps, swipe down from the top, select Settings, and control what you want to see in your Contacts app.

So, you see, you are not a "beta tester"...rather, you are a new user with much to learn. Two completely different things, and neither is truly "bad" nor "good".

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
monkeno

Thanks for the help on visibility, but that is not to be confused with them not being in the list that will forever move forward and inevitably loose their source tagging.

The fact of the matter is that I never gave them permission, as a matter of fact, if I understand 'Find Friends' I specifically did not.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Then I'm not understanding your issue...for configured as I have said, I have no issues such as you seem to be describing. So I think perhaps I'm not understanding your descriptions.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
monkeno

Your confusing not being able to see it with it not being there. The selectors in contacts just filter what you see. The data is now in some core contacts db and just like the many other things they arbitrarily changed in 10 someday they will simply forget to manage those contact separately as well.

never having a chance to decide or give permission is just annoying.

The fact that it is running all the time un less you un install it is a real pain for me. People think they can msg anytime they see me online and do so when I am working. They are also generating their own notifications into hub because I no longer get emails on my laptop.

It is just annoying that they spent more time becoming about FB than they did supporting email. They have lost their only differentiater and likely customer when I get time to shop.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Oh...so it's WAD (Working As Designed)? But it's the design you don't like? As such, there's nothing really to be done here, is there?

For me, I've always lived in a very "low notification" method...using the "Phone Calls Only" types of notification profiles and not allowing any apps to push things to me other than maybe a notification "splat" on their individual icon, which I only pay attention to when I choose. And, with BB10, I've become very adept at ignoring things that appear in the Hub that I don't care to deal with at that moment.

But it sounds like the design simply does not work for you...which is completely understandable. No manufacturer has yet (or, IMHO, will ever) come up with a product that truly suits 100% of the population.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
monkeno

So back to my original question ... is the only way to log out of FB to delete the application?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Yes...in Settings > Accounts, you can remove your FB credentials from the device. You cannot, on the device, "log out" of FB (nor Twitter, nor BB ID, nor many other things)...rather, you remove your credentials, rendering the app non longer functional.

As for removing the app entirely, that's a different matter perhaps. We've been discovering that, with BB10, they are pushing full apps to the device rather than mere shortcuts as they did in the past. But, still like the past, if you remove the item, it gets pushed back to you without choice on your part. So actually removing the app might not be useful...rather, the same solution as in the past works for most folks -- a "junk" folder or an empty homescreen pane into/onto which you place all of the things that you don't care to see on your primary homescreen(s).

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
monkeno

Well as you said it works like they intended it. I just wish thye intended to stay in business.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Captrfsella
My Carrier: AT&T

Hello, :Cowboy:  

Your issue and concern about the function of the matter, like FB, etc. Is understandable within some reasoning. But like all things in life, as your well aware. Some like Audi's, Chevy's and Ford's. Not all makes and model fit for each us. So give it some time, maybe the other nice features, if you find some you like, may be worth keeping.. If not, hate to see you leave the product.

I can tell you this..BB is a company that will be around a long time. I have used the products for 20+ years, and all over the world, it works, when the others do not. Yes, they have made some mistakes like us all. But they have learned and impoved. The US market is unique vs. the world market. BB is large and strong. They are listening and are willing to make changes to provide a product that will meet the needs of most of us, certainly not all of us.

All I know is, if I lived in a perfect world., I would not be in it. as I have my flaws as well.

Enjoy,

Ric :Detective:

Please use plain text.