Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
Bpete
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Faintly Glowing Screen

I've had my Z10 for a week and a day now. I put it to sleep last night(shut down like every night) when I went to bed and laid it on the kitchen table.

This morning when I went into the dark kitchen I saw the phone with the screen faintly glowing on the table. There was nothing on the screen it just glowed a little in the dark. I couldn't start the phone ! I had to pull the battery to start it again.

First thing I noticed when it booted up was that my LED was on because of received email. It blinked 5-6 times and then went off. That too is an annoying problem.

I'm just passing on my experiences. I hope it keeps working now !

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kbalaz
My Device: Z10/Playbook
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Re: Faintly Glowing Screen

The phone did not shut down completely. You could still see a faint backlight correct. Did you have your wifi turned on when you shut it down? Curious as I had this problem at the beginning. Once I discovered that if I turned my wifi off first then shut down, it shut down completely everytime. Have not had that problem recur since. Also there is no real need to pull batteries anymore, just press and hold the power button for a 10-15 second count and it will reboot the same as old school pulling battery.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Bpete
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Faintly Glowing Screen

Correct. I saw a faint backlight glow. Like a TV in a dark room when you turn it off. You can still see where the screen is for a few seconds after you turn it off. I did try holding the power button for a while but maybe not 15 seconds ? I did have WiFi turned on (as it always is). That's two strikes against WiFi then. You also have to turn it off to get Blackberry Synch to work.

Please use plain text.