If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
tmaier
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Orange UK

Few minor flaws I've noticed

- the camera shutter still makes a sound when Z10 is set to silent
- Also, I wish I could still post a facebook status directly from the phone... like I used to do on latest Bold (not from within the facebook app).
- When using the holster and accidentally pressing the top button, the phone switches off. I need to be very careful with this one! not sure if the holster doesn't kind of press the 'switch off' thingy on the screen itself?
- Cannot share a picture through facebook as a message. can only post to timeline.

Plus, I WOULD LOVE to have the facebook messeges working as a real0time chat from within the Hub - not just messeges.

Regards

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,871
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Few minor flaws I've noticed

There's a third party application "Silent Camera" in BlackBerry World. Try that.

Cold you explain further what you're wanting to do to make Facebook Status posts from the device?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tmaier

[ Edited ]

Bold 9900 can post a facebook status directly from the phone menu (appears as "via Blackberry" on facebook) just like you can upload the photos - without opening the facebook app. It seems to be just one more option missing when you hit 'compose' from within the HUB to include 'facebook status'.

I am not looking really for a 3rd party solutions, thanks. I can totally live with all this. I am only pointing out what I believe to be missing in BB10 and meant it as a feedback for future updates.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

tmaier wrote:

- When using the holster and accidentally pressing the top button, the phone switches off. I need to be very careful with this one! not sure if the holster doesn't kind of press the 'switch off' thingy on the screen itself?

That top edge button shouldn't be powering the device off, but only placing it in standby mode.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Carrier: Rogers

JSanders wrote:

tmaier wrote:

That top edge button shouldn't be powering the device off, but only placing it in standby mode.

Unless you (or something else) push and hold that button for 3 seconds. :smileywink: So in theory, yes a badly designed holder could in theory turn off the phone, but it would need to be able to push that button pretty hard and is pretty unlikely. :smileywink:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tmaier

if you hold it for 2 seconds (which is very likely to happen when pushing the device into the holster) a power-off option appears on the screen and from what I have noticed - the holster seems to be activating the power-off process with it's magnetic part. dunno if it's just me but I need to be very careful with it. without the holster 2sec is not enough to power it off but in this case is just somehow happens just as I slide the Z10 in to the holster.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Oy. I understand. Yes, the longer push will commence the power down. I don't push from there, I push it down in the holster from the sides of the top.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Carrier: Rogers

I think that he is actually concerned that a holster's closing flap may push that button accidentially and shut the phone down. Pretty unlikely that they will have the force to do so, and I think the official Blackberry clip holster actually has the flap in an asymeterical position anyway.

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tmaier

I don't think you guys get me here... the holster does not push any hardware buttons, it activates the one on the touch screen. when you hold the hardware lock button for 2 secs, the big bold turn-off-device button appears on the screen and the magnetic part of the holster seems to be "pushing" it as you slide the phone into it. does that make sense? so basically, when you accidentally push the lock button even for a little while with your finger WHILE you slide the phone into the holster -  it turns off itself. it seems to be happening to users on crackberry.com as well

Please use plain text.
JSanders

I understand. Place your finger elsewhere on the top edge when pushing the device into the holster.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.