Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
jj619
My Device: Blackberry Z10 STL-1003

Filed messages issue, could not download attachment

[ Edited ]

My Z10 seems to be having major issues downloading attachment from my Exchange account when there's a rule (client-side rule) that files this away.  My Z10 is set to show filed messages and to sync this folder so it does come through, but I can't download the attachments (txt files).

If I forward the email to me to bypass the rule (via WebApp), I have no issues downloading the attachment.

In general, it seems as though I'm getting iffy support for filed messages (Gmail, via IMAP, doesn't alert on emails that bypass Inbox and are filed, but that folder/label is set to sync too).

Anyone have any ideas or am I just running into some bugs?

Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Filed messages issue, could not download attachment

Hey jj619,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

To better investigate why the attachment is not downloading, we will need to gather some logs.  Please contact your network service provider and ask to be transferred to BlackBerry.

Thanks for your patience.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
jj619
My Device: Blackberry Z10 STL-1003

Re: Filed messages issue, could not download attachment

Cool, is that pretty universal... AT&T won't be, "what is this guy talking about"?

I'm actually the BES admin at my compnay, but this is a personal device (though connected to my work Exchange Env... also the admin :smileyhappy:)... I'm not used to working it from a consumer perspective or ever getting the carrier involved (you know, unless it's their network/prov issue) when I could just call in/open a support request :smileyhappy: