Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
Accepted Solution

First few days with Z10

After coming from a bb curve 9360, the Z10 seems hard work.

The camera and the internet are good.

But some features that were on the curve like "forward message as" and "delete prior"  don't seem to be on the Z 10 or if they are I can't find them.

A menu button with all the options is replaced with a gimmicky hold down message procedure with not many options.

The screen rotation is inconsistent, sometimes it turns round for no reason and I have to turn the phone to carry on working with it. 

I'm all over the place with the keyboard, I seem to get better success when I hit the right side of the digit, is this adjustable?

I'm a blackberry fan, this is my third, but one day I can see myself digging out my old curve! 

Solutions: 6,094
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: First few days with Z10

The delete prior is available in the Messages listed by touching and hold a date header > on the right side popup you'll see the options (trashcan) to delete prior. Or mark prior read.

The screen rotation is active in more message (SMS, BBM, etc) rather than the Hub where mostly portrait is locked.

The keyboard learns from your typing. It is not adjustable per se as you ask, but keep typing and correcting and it learns. It's probably the best keyboard on any smartphone out there, and most all reviews make note of this.

You'll be good to review this thread.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Z10 - User

Hi,

for two weeks now I am using Z10. I am sometimes still searching the described functonalities. This is no big point for me, I had a Curve9300, but changed some time ago to my iPhone. Still a good smartphone, but for my opinion the iPhone5 was no option, nothing real new feature.

First days were hard try, but now my Z10 learns quickly, I am writing more mails on my smartphone than on my PC. The Z10 learns quickly and the feeling is very good,

What I miss, is a functionallity in the apps to turn them off without "parking" in background and closing then. One other point is discussed in this forum as well, random restarts/reboots, I experience this as well, I can't tell if it  sometimes happens by accidently pressing the power button, so I am looking for some nice hard cases to protect and for a solution as well.

Have a nice day,

Martin

P.S.: My old iPhone is switched off and unused by now nearly 10 days or more - Z10 is much better.

Contributor

Thanks I'll try that

printe wrote:
 One other point is discussed in this forum as well, random restarts/reboots, I experience this as well, I can't tell if it  sometimes happens by accidently pressing the power button, so I am looking for some nice hard cases to protect and for a solution as well.

printe, I would encourage you to call Vodafone support and get that rebooting issue escalated up to BlackBerry support so that it can be logged and investigated. There are a number of us with this issue.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 Playbook Z10

Many people have had the same problems. The phone reset itself for reasons nobody has figured out yet that I know of. Rotation is a pain at time for me because you just move it a little and it turns and then it seems like you have to work to get it to switch back. There is a rotation lock if you want to use that. Those that loved the old email system have hated the new way and for me I keep thinking about returning it but I just use my 9900 on wifi and I get all the old email ways including my BIS account so it not a big deal for now. I live in a 3g area so I don't see that the new phone is any faster then the 9900 so if you are going from 3g ot 4g I can see how some think it's a faster phone.

If your thinking about a case the only one I have is the otterbox. It makes it very hard to type the letters on the edge and the magnet doesn't work. Otterbox is suppose to be working on a new case. Also forget the belt clip they have with the otterbox. It does not hold the phone well enought for me to trust it not getting knocked out and the belt clip is mounted to low. The phone is top heavy when clipped onto the belt. Love the otterboxes for the protection they give the phone but I find now I will get on the laptop to send email because of not being able to get to the all the letters. If anything I might swap it for the Q and give it a try once it hits the market

Contributor
My Device: Z10 - User

[ Edited ]

JSanders worte

printe, I would encourage you to call Vodafone support and get that rebooting issue escalated up to BlackBerry support so that it can be logged and investigated. There are a number of us with this issue.

I will do that, even if I think some reboots come with accidently pressing the power button (while sittin gin the car).

:smileyhappy:  Well those "intentional" reboots, you don't need to report.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

What happened to the "forward as" feature

beaulyman wrote:

What happened to the "forward as" feature

It's there for some messages, and some other method.

What are you wanting to forward?

An SMS >> to email? Share it > select your email, etc.

Knowledge Base Updates