Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
printe
My Device: Z10 - User
My Carrier: Telekom

Re: First few days with Z10

Hi,

I've reported the reboot problem - not those intentional once - to vodafone. They knew this issue and told me it is a software issue, there will be an update coming, but they have no date of it.

So, I will get a new one by now, as the supporter told me, my new will be checked on this matter.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
beaulyman
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Vodaphone UK

I want to forward an email as a text and vice versa, I can't see an option to share on the text or email messages 

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,923
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

beaulyman wrote:

I want to forward an email as a text and vice versa, I can't see an option to share on the text or email messages 

Forward an SMS to email: Open the SMS message > touch and hold > in the right pop up bar, touch the Share [V] icon > select Text Message > Email > Bluetooth > NFC or Remember.

Forward an email to SMS: not possible as an email might have HTML, etc., all completely incompatible as a SMS message. You can forward the email if you want.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
beaulyman

Thanks got the text to email, pity about the email to text, cause all my other Blackberry's did it, that was was one of the reasons for staying loyal.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

I'm betting that feature will be added... for now, however, you CAN send an email to text IF you know that user's carrier's SMS email account.

see this link:  http://networking.ringofsaturn.com/Telecommunications/mobile-phone-emails.php

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
beaulyman

I have now had the Z10 phone for over a month and the annoying things are:

I can't use the space bar when I type sometimes because it suggests a word I don't want so when I need a space I get a weird word.

The phone is difficult to answer can't it be put on one of the volume buttons or just a one press of the phone icon.

Hanging up can be a pain too, especially if you phone the wrong person, which is quite easy to do on the Z10, then you have to hit the hang up icon frantically.

Two way sync with outlook? still waiting.

Blackberry link not user friendly.

Today it did not download my emails, I shut it down and restarted it but nothing yet.

It wont play some videos.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

beaulyman wrote:

I can't use the space bar when I type sometimes because it suggests a word I don't want so when I need a space I get a weird word.

If you only want a space, and there's word in white on your space bar just touch at the end of the text you're editing and then tap the space bar once.

beaulyman wrote:

The phone is difficult to answer can't it be put on one of the volume buttons or just a one press of the phone icon.

Just touch on or above the white horizontal bar and drag down. If you want to reject that call, touch and drag that bar up.

beaulyman wrote:

Hanging up can be a pain too, especially if you phone the wrong person, which is quite easy to do on the Z10, then you have to hit the hang up icon frantically.

I don't understand how hitting a red box END is difficult. I guess if the answer method was to tap a greed ANSWER box, some people would complain about that. Oh, wait, you just asked for that but you're also saying you can touch the red end call box. Confusing.

beaulyman wrote:

Two way sync with outlook? still waiting.

Blackberry link not user friendly.

Today it did not download my emails, I shut it down and restarted it but nothing yet.

It wont play some videos.

Yep we all are waiting for the two way sync, watch for it in about two weeks/first of June.

If you want to expand on the other matters, please do. "Won't play some videos" is sorta vague, as is Link not being user friendly.

If you have specific questions, please ask. Good luck!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
beaulyman

Any word of the two way sync yet ?

Please use plain text.
JSanders

No word today.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
beaulyman

One month on from proposed date for 2 way outlook sync, is there any news on it? 

Please use plain text.