Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
chinnapong
My Device: Z10

For those suffering with WIFI, A little work around to make WIFI on Z10 work again on 10.1 upgrade

I myself have a problem on WIFI after 10.1 upgrade.  In my case,  WIFI scanning is rarely working. Usually, the WIFI scanning won't work.  I can't detect any WIFI signal even though I'm in the WIFI crowded area.   

Today, I had just found a nice little work around to make WIFI scanning  works again. Not sure will it work on the other case but works just fine for me.

The step is

1.  Open WIFI connection scanning on the setting menu

2. When the WIFI connection scanning page reports no signal founds with in range,  taps Add button on the button of the screen to get into the manual connection adding page.

3. On the manual connection page,  taps the WPS button on the bottom of the screen.

4. On the next screen, taps the button to begin WPS signal search,   the count down clock will appeared on the screen starting from 3:00.  After 10 - 20 seconds pass, just click cancel it.

5. Click cancel all the way back until you reach the WIFI connection search page.  Now, it should be able to scan and connect WIFI signal again.  VOILA. !!!

I hope it helps.  Sorry about my English as I'm not native English speaker.