Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Visitor
Aly0914
My Device: Z10

Forgot device password --- device wipe taking forever

I was using the numbers lock on my phone and didn't remember the letters password therefore after 10 tries my phone proceeded to wipe itself. I waited over 3 hours and now i have error bb10-0015 on my screen. Please please help ... i need into my device !!!

Forums Advisor III
Leslie8120
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30.

Re: Forgot device password --- device wipe taking forever

[ Edited ]

Aly0914 wrote:

I was using the numbers lock on my phone and didn't remember the letters password therefore after 10 tries my phone proceeded to wipe itself. I waited over 3 hours and now i have error bb10-0015 on my screen. Please please help ... i need into my device !!!

Welcome to the Forum

Sorry to hear about your problem. The error code "bb10 - 0015" is displayed when a fatal file system error was encountered. Not to worry, this is something that can be fixed. Now, do you have BB Link on your computer? If you don`t, download it from here:

http://ca.blackberry.com/software/desktop/blackberry-link.html?CPID=ca:bb:desktop:jan2013:vanity:bb1...

Then turn off yourr phone and follow the steps bellow

1. Open BlackBerry Link.
  2. Ensure the computer is connected to the Internet.
  3. Power off the BlackBerry 10 smartphone 
  4. Connect the device to the computer via the USB cable.
  5. Under the Devices heading, click the device name when it is displayed.
  6. Click Preferences at the top-right.
  7. Under the General heading, click Reload Device Software.
  8. Click the Reload button