Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Blackberry z10

Forgot my password to unlock new Z10 Blackberry

[ Edited ]

Hello:

Can anyone PLEAS help me? I purchased a new Blackberry and must have made a typo last night creating an unlock password. I went to a T-mobile store (my carrier) and they said I have to contact BlackBerry on-line There's no on-line chat and my new cell rings (I can answer calls) but I can't open phone to dial out or access email, etc..

Thanks,

<removed>

MOD EDIT: Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Forgot my password to unlock new Z10 Blackberry

[ Edited ]

T-Mobile was wrong.  If you created a password for your BlackBerry and you forget it (or mistakenly entered something you didn't want when you created it), nobody, including BlackBerry or the most advanced computer technician in the world, can retrieve it for you.  That's part of BlackBerry's security.  You'll have to enter an incorrect one ten times in a row and erase all your data then start fresh.  I only hope you've done a data backup first.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

(P.S. Please edit your post and remove all personal information from it.)

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.