Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
dessycinthya
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Free Storege Device Z10

Hi..

I wanna ask about free storage device on Z10.. why the free storage on my device reducing day by day? After i checked storage usage.. there's an other data almost 8 GB usage. After that, i go through file manager and check a device properties. There's a folder named misc.. device/misc/android.. and almost 6 GB usage.. over all my device not have so many data as that.

Could u explain what happen and how to raise free storage device.

Thank u so much
:smileyvery-happy:
Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Free Storege Device Z10

Hey dessycinthya,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Did you install any third party applications lately?  Also the installation files for any installed applications will be saved in the other category.

I would suggest removing any unused third party applications and then monitor the free space.  Let me know if it still decreases dramatically.

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

that misc folder is a bunch of virtual links to your media so android apps can access it

the data is not duplicated even though it look like it

Depending on email, social accounts etc, the device can use some more data to store that info

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
illwill718
My Device: Z10

I had this same issue for months and i finally figured out where my other data was coming from. In my case it was PODCAST. I discovered this after reformatting my SD card to clear up space. I copied all of my music, video and pic files to my external drive then reformatted my SD card. As an experiement i didnt put back my media files but started listening to a few podcast for a few days, long behold when i loooked in Media Card Details (in Storage and Access) my music, video docs, and pictures remained at zero while other data had grown to 400 mb in two days. Even after deleting the podcast thru the app the other data still remained. the only way to remove it is to refomat the SD card again. Iguess that streaming apps such as Apollo and Songza store files as well.