Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
monkeno
My Device: 9800
Accepted Solution

From besst email handling to clusterf#%* no what?

BB's aggregated email handling is the olny reason I waited all this time.  Then they don't deliver BIS or a client. Very disappointed.

Has anyone found a way to configure things to simulate delete local only? If I reset the servers to pop I will get partial on phone and computer and imap makes me keep everything on the phone until I've had the laptop on. Am I missing something?

Also annoying that there is now a 4-5 minute delay in getting emails. Anyway to get pushes faster without server control?

Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10

Re: From besst email handling to clusterf#%* no what?

IMAP push is as fast as I have ever seen.

Simply moves items you don't want to see on the Z10 to a different t folder, doing this with 'display filed messages' turned off solves your issue. IMAP sync on all clients works like a charm.

Just something new to get used to. :smileyhappy:
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Regular Contributor
monkeno

Like you say just something new to get used to. Just unfortunate that it is more maintenance.

I host my email at GoDaddy and it is definately slower recieving email by minutes.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2072), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Others hosted on GoDaddy have reported similar issues. It seems to be host dependent somehow, as others do not have such issues. Details about it would have to be diagnosed deeper, by your contacting your mobile service provider for escalation to BlackBerry, who may wish you to provide logs and such.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
monkeno

I have seen that as the answer to most non-surface issues on this thread. My bad actually, I missed the press release that announced OS10 as a crowd sourced product effort.

Returning this is going to be the only effort on my part with the carrier.

Of course there are no better choices or I would have left a year ago. Forced to mediocrety, its a shame.

Trusted Contributor
tickerguy
My Device: Z-10

IMAP, if your email provider supports IDLE, is the fastest push-email solution I've run across, is standards-based and works on multiple platforms and clients against the same mailbox.

If your email provider/host doesn't properly implement IDLE then instant push doesn't work properly, but that's not the phone's fault.

(I've been using IMAP's IDLE functionality for a very long time, long before Blackberry and Android handled it.  It "just works" although some email providers don't properly implement it because it requires that they actually deliver the notifications in real-time, and that requires resource on the provider end.  So if you have a cheap email provider.....)

Market Information? Come read The Market Ticker!
Regular Contributor
monkeno

Thank you tickerguy.

Finally somebody that isn't just white washing. Now I know what to ask for when I shop new email hosts or harass GoDaddy

Thanks again
Trusted Contributor
tickerguy
My Device: Z-10

No problem...

I'm just a software developer and former ISP owner (MCSNet; Chicago in the 1990s) and this was one of the things that we made sure "worked right."  These days I run my own email using IMAP+SSL -- fast, secure and works from and to virtually any device.  What's not to like?

Market Information? Come read The Market Ticker!