Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9780

GSM Coverage and Battery Life

Hi,

I have received my new BB Z10 from Etisalat (United Arab Emirates) yesterday, I have noticed that the coverage on GSM network is very poor compare my other BB, I am getting disconnection or SOS in lifts and parking lots (basement areas) etc, where my other BB works fine. next issue is battery life, I am not seing the 10hrs battery life, I have to try for couple of days and will post the update

Sathees

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: GSM Coverage and Battery Life

Hello nairsathees,

Thank you for your question regarding battery life on your BlackBerry Z10 smartphone.

It is likely that this is related to poor coverage based on your description of the issue you have been experiencing. The following information may help:

Disable Wireless Radios when not in use – BlackBerry smartphones feature multiple wireless radios Cellular, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and NFC connections. If one or more of these wireless connections is used, it is recommended to disable the corresponding radio to prevent it from using battery power. For example, if it is known that no connection will be made to any Bluetooth devices while at home or at a restaurant, a quick way to save some battery life would be to turn off the Bluetooth radio. To review and modify network connections on a BlackBerry smartphone, click the connections area along the top of the home screen, or select the Manage Connections icon from the home screen. Enabling and disabling network connections can be actioned by checking, or clearing the check boxes.

Low Cellular Coverage situations – When in low cellular coverage situations, the BlackBerry smartphone may increase power to the Cellular radio. In locations that have poor cell coverage such as basements, use the Wi-Fi functionality built into the BlackBerry smartphone to connect to available Wi-Fi network. If a Wi-Fi network is not available and cellular connection is not needed while in the low coverage environment, consider turning off the Mobile Network connection by click the connections area along the top of the home screen, or select the Manage Connections icon from the home screen and disable network connection by clearing the check box for Mobile Network.

No Coverage situations – When in an area without cellular coverage, the BlackBerry smartphone may continue to search for available mobile networks. In locations that have no mobile network coverage such as basements, use the Wi-Fi functionality built into the BlackBerry smartphone to connect to available Wi-Fi network. If a Wi-Fi network is not available and a cellular connection is not needed, consider turning off the Mobile Network connection by clicking the connections area along the top of the home screen, or selecting the Manage Connections icon from the home screen and disabling network connections by clearing the check box for Mobile Network.

Let us know if this helps.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!