Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
chuckfay
My Carrier: AT&T

Get your new phones out in the US!

My Blackberry Torch phone broke (stopped working) three weeks ago and my contract with AT&T is up on 2/1.  I was told you would have your new Blackberry 10 phones out on 2/1 and thought that it was perfect timing as I have been a loyal Blackberry customer over the years and didn't want to bail on them without seeing the new (finally!) phones and operating system.

So I rushed out to my local AT&T store today to view and purchase the Z10.

Now I am being told that there really is no concrete release date for the new phones and they have been delayed once again, despite a high profile unveiling this week.  This is a major pain and just another in a long series of disappointments for loyal BB users.  Your CEO said he'd love to see the new phones in the US but "what can we do" about it?

I can tell you what you can do about it.  Get a CEO who is well versed in distribution and marketing who knows how to get a product into the public's hand when demand is high.  I also can tell you what I can do about it and that is go out and purchase myself a new Droid phone.

Sincerely, 

A once but never again loyal Blackberry user

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Get your new phones out in the US!

USA carriers have to test and approve the devices and yes it is sad that this happened but carries can be a pain in the USA

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info. SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

No Sleep Till BlackBerry 10, A BlackBerry Song by Lil E Click here to listen

See me at BlackBerry Fans Get Hands-On BlackBerry 10 Demo

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chuckfay
My Carrier: AT&T

Then don't announce prematurely that they will be available when they are not!  You've only had three years (and a loss 30 market share points later) to get this thing to the market!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
resistme
My Carrier: EE

[ Edited ]

If Blackberry can issue developers Dev Phones in advance, surely they can issue the mobile carriers dev phones, so they can test them as well.

If this is standard practice for the US market, then they should have planned the launch with this in mind!

However, maybe when the US get them they wlll have updated their Blackberry Desktop Software so that it works with BB10 and you can sync with Outlook. Blackberry Link is just a media sync and therefore useless for businesses without mail servers that need to sync contacts, calanders, notes and tasks! I even sent back a new Windows Phone 8 upgrade back last week as it didnt sync and demanded a new blackberry which I thought would not abandon its wonderful software. Now I want want rid of the new blackberry for the same reason, and I've had blackberrys for over 8 years!

Please use plain text.