Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

Getting countinuous messages: 'this tag is blank or not recognized'

Dear all,
I started getting countinuous 'this tag is blank or not recognised' messages on my screen. They appear every few seconds, accompained by a vibration.
It started out of the blue as I wasn't even using the device. I re-started it, but it does not help.
Anyone knows what to do?
Thanks!

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Getting countinuous messages: 'this tag is blank or not recognized'

Hey marvilla,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

What type of email account is added on your BlackBerry Z10?  What version of BlackBerry 10 are you currently running?  Go to Settings>About to find this information.

Do you get this error message only in BlackBerry Hub?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: blackberry z10

Hi,

I'm having the same problems as well. It started up randomly, I was sending a picture to a friend through BBM. Now every time I put my phone down, it buzzes and the "This tag is blank or not recognized" message pops up, along with a vibrate. 

I've tried restarting my handset, and I've tried a hard reset as well and neither of them did any good. 

This happens no matter where I am in the phone. It pops up when I'm answering a text or a BBM. It shows up when I'm in an app or using the browser. 

I currently have a Gmail account set up, and the version of BB10 software that I'm running is 10.0.10.85, the OS is 10.0.10.672

Please help!

For now, I've turned my NFC function off, and it seems to have stopped the issue, but I can't say for sure.
Retired
My Device: Q10

I had seen this happen to someone - who'd stuck an NFC business card in their case.... The BlackBerry kept reading the card (which was blank)...

--
Rob is no longer associated with BlackBerry.

I just bought my new Q10 and I am receiving the same annoying error and although I restarted it keeps popping up :smileysad:

Go to your settings, go to your Network Connections and turn off NFC. That's the only thing that has managed to keep the messages from coming back. And its been 2 weeks. If you want to use the NFC function ever, you're probably going to get the message again. BUT, if you just want the message gone, do what I said above.

Thank you for the support guys. That was indeed the issue. I turned it off and problem solved... :smileyhappy:
Retired

I have reached out offline to get logs for this issue - hopefully our dev team can identify and rectify quickly!

--
Rob is no longer associated with BlackBerry.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

What type of surface and what case are you using?

I wonder if the NFC signal was bouncing back to device or possible some other device was interfering

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V