Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
JadeyMU
My Device: BB Z10

Gmail/Exchange email and calendar syncing issues

I have wiped my email accounts several times and entered in my data in the various ways as shown through the forums but my email accounts do no sync properly whether it is manual or active synced.

I read my emails in my gmail and my Microsoft exchange account and will delete or file them away but then when I check my accounts on my desktop, they are not synced as I've done so on my phone. I've also noticed that my calendars are not synced correctly either.

Could someone help me understand why and how these issues can be fixed? I'm in meetings for most of the day so I rely on my phone to keep me mobile. Was this a bad purchase?!?!

Retired
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Gmail/Exchange email and calendar syncing issues

Hi JadeyMU,

How do you have your Microsoft Exchange account configured on your BlackBerry Z10? Are you using ActiveSync, BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES), IMAP or POP?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
JadeyMU

Originally I had it as ActiveSync. Then I received the Enterprise information but it would not let me connect (something about the server address being wrong). I had my IT guy set up the Enterprise information but it still was no good. So we set it back to ActiveSync for the exchange account.

Retired
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

When you go into Settings>Accounts then edit your account, what does the Sync Interval indicate? Have you tried changing that setting?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
JadeyMU

Sync interval is grayed out since Push is on. If I turn Push off and select it to push every 15 minutes, it still does not sync my mail/calendar as Outlook would.