Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
ironmike
My Device: 9800, Playbook, Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Gmail account not available when creating new event

Good evening all,

I have not seen this issue reported yet, so I thought I would throw it out there in case someone else has encountered it.

I set up my GMail account (email, contacts and calendar) and am able to get my events via CalDAV.  I can also set it as the default calendar when creating events.  However, when I actually open the calendar to create an event, when I first touch the calendar it shows as the colour of my Gmail calendar, second touch opens the edit screen and my Gmail account is not there.  If I save the event, it gets added to the local calendar.

I have 3 calendars outside of the local calendar - a work one via ActiveSync, my Gmail one and another Gmail one added as CalDAV which is my wife's Gmail calendar - this one shows as available in the drop down, but not my Gmail one.  The descriptions are unique.

I did have to remove my Gmail calendar due to the "unable to authenticate" issue that others noted, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.  As I stated, it is pulling things down, is available to set as default, but no created events can be associated with it.

-m

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Gmail account not available when creating new event

Hello ironmike and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

To make sure I understand the issue, you removed your Gmail account from your device as were getting an error "Unable to Authenticate". But, when you go to your Calendar and tap on an entry, it shows the colour of your Gmail account and when you go to edit the appointment, it uses the Local calendar to save the appointment and not Gmail? 

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ironmike

Yes - that is exactly right. It is there and available when I set it as the default (as is the wife's calendar), and the colour is the colour I set for my Gmail account when I tap but when I edit and save it goes to the Local and not Gmail.  

Also, the Gmail calendar is not available in the drop-down of the event edit screen either - neither of the Gmail accounts are - although the other accounts (work ActiveSync, BBM group and Local) are.

I thought it might have something to do with 2-step verification, but it clearly is not as my wife's account is not enabled with 2-step.

-m

Please use plain text.
hmthepirate

Did you re-add your Gmail account Calendar? Or weren't able to because of the error?

-HMthePirate

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ironmike

Yes, both Gmail calendars have been re-added, and both appear as available when I try to set either in the "Set Defaults" area of accounts, but both have the same behaviour while trying to edit a new calendar event: initally shows up as the colour of the calendar, go to edit and neither is available in the drop-down, and when saved the event is attached to the local calendar. 

Please use plain text.
hmthepirate

At this point we would need to analyze device logs.

Contact your mobile carrier and ask a support ticket be opened with BlackBerry support to further investigate.

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ironmike

My conversation with Rogers was somewhat less than helpful:

11:53 AM Sean: Alright, I would really like to process a ticket, however, as Rogers doesn't provide direct support for Gmail calendar sync, they will automatically close it.

11:53 AM Michael Melvin: Then how do I get access to my device logs?

11:56 AM Sean: Honestly, Blackberry should be able to gain access to them, that's not something Rogers really provides as we don't keep logs of the device data transactions.

Any other recommendations?

-m

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jeremy_
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bouygues Telecom

I have the same problem. I can not create en event when I select the gmail calendar.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
philipt
My Device: Z10; 16GB Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

I reported an issue with my carrier; they suggested setting up my Gmail account as "Microsoft Exchange Active Sync", as the Gmail configuration on the Z10 was pointing the calendar to the wrong server on Gmail.  You need to point the calendar to "m.google.com" in the "Server address" field.

My calendar is working through gmail.  When I create an entry on my phone, the entry appears on my gmail calendar and in my calendar on my Playbook.

My only issue is I cannot send invites using my gmail calendar.... (that's another issue for another day and topic).

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ironmike

ActiveSync is only available for Google Apps accounts.  I have already tried this as well, and it will not allow setup of anything - not email, contacts or calendar.

-m

Please use plain text.