Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Gmail problems w Z10

All,

Am having ongoing problems staying connected with gmail mail server. Works fine for a day or two then I get disconnected for some reason. 

If I delete the gmail account through Settings, and set it up again, I get instantly reconnected. Lasts for a day or two, then I lose the connection again.

FRUSTRATING!

Suggestions?

Bruce.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Gmail problems w Z10

Hi Bruce,

Does a login box appear on your BlackBerry Z10 screen to indicate you've been disconnected or do you just stop receiving emails to your Gmail account?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

i just stop receiving emails. usually, if i haven't heard a notification for awhile, i start thinking "hmm, i wonder it i've been disconnected again." so i go to settings, and sure enough, my gmail email account reads "Disconnected" even though Calendar and Contacts are listed as Connected. If I go in to edit, it says "Cannot contact server imap.gmail.com at this time. Please check with your service provider or try again later." If I delete the account, and set it up again, I get reconnected." If I reinput my password, sometimes that even works (i.e., I get reconnected). But if I do nothing, I stay disconnected. Suggestions?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

It could be possible that the Gmail captcha keeps locking you out of your account.  Remove your Gmail account then try going to https://accounts.google.com/DisplayUnlockCaptcha. Once there, re-add your Gmail account to allow Gmail to remember it.

Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Device: Z10 Blackberry 10
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Does Gmail give you any indication that it tried to stop a log in that it wasn't sure if it was  you or not? If you ghost your IP or log in from an IP away from your home city it may go into security lock down. You can work around that, if it is the problem by logging into GMail and confirming that those log in attempts were in fact you, or reduce your security settings in the account.

Regards.

It's always funny when it's someone else.
My Device: z10
My Carrier: rogers

I had this same issue. Deleted account, Decided to use Google in browser and stay signed in there. Worked for a few days, now browser freezes if I click on Gmail from Google home page! 

Is this being fixed?

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: at&t

Clearing cookies & turning off desktop mode worked for me :-)

I've just logged into Gmail form my Blackberry Q10 browser for the 1st time :-D

I followed these two sets of steps:

1st - clearing cookies
1. www.google.com 
2. options - the 3 bullets or dots at the lower right
3. settings
4. privacy and security
5. clear cookies and other data

2nd - turn desktop mode off

1. options

2. settings
3. developer tools
4. desktop mode

Lastly, I logged into my gmail account and waited for it to load - www.gmail.com

Hope this info helps!

Alexandra