Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
wohch
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Gmail subfolders

Hi. I've added my Gmail account and I can't seem to get my subfolders emails to populate. I've made filters in Gmail to place certain emails into certain folders. I've gone into Edit Folder Settings and enabled all folders and I still don't receive new email that are being forwarded. I do get emails hitting the root of my inbox though. I've tried deleting the account and readding but to no avail. Please help. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dknv9
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Gmail subfolders

Ahem, yeah.  Gmail. Z10.  Not the best combination yet.  30 days of mail in the HUB.  

Try using the browser to go to your gmail account and adding a short cut icon to your home screen.  All your stuff will be there.  Drag down from the top and you can see your contacts, calendar etc.

Or buy an Android phone.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
wohch

May have to go that route although it would mean I'd have to check Gmail manually..... :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dknv9

But all your new mail goes to the hub. But yes, one misses the opportunity to search ones inbox.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
wohch

[ Edited ]

All new emails are in the Hub BUT the ones that are filtered into a folder right from the get go I can't see them at all.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dknv9

Try while in the hub setting the gmail account and then at the top pressing on the down arrow. Voila, folders.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
wohch

There they are!!!  Thanks dknv9!!!!

I miss my 9900 which would just place it in the BB Inbox.  I hope BB fixes this in a future update. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

If you wish to see them in the inbox, this should work:

In the HUB, click the overflow menu button (...) >> chose "settings" >> chose "display and actions" >> turn on "Show Filed Messages".

If Show Filed Messages is already on, you may also need to set those folders to synchronize automatically with the Z10 here:

From the home screen or the HUB, swipe down from the top bezel >> chose "Settings" >> chose "Accounts" >> select the email account you want to see the folders for >> chose "Edit Folder Settings" at the bottom of the setup screen >> Here you can either turn on the "Sync All Email Folders" switch or put a check mark on each one you want to synchronise. :smileyhappy:

That should bring them into inbox for you.

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
wohch

Everything is set up that way already.  Still have to manually check the filed messages for my Gmail account.  Thanks for trying though.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

[ Edited ]

Interesting, because with those two options setup for me via IMAP.. it works great. Maybe something to do with gMail itself?

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.