Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
chris_swiss
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Good bye

I had the pleasure (and pain) to use the z10 for a few days.

But because of two absolutely no-goes I changed to another device.

1. No-Go:
I have to communicate via text-messaging (sms) with customers and need very basic functionality like word-wrapping. Not possible on z10. Input-Field too small and a stupidly placed send-button.

2. No-Go:
When the device is secured with an only number-pin there is no possibility to get a num-pad instead of the hole keyboard to unlock. Not user and finger-friendly. So I never secured the device.

All the other bugs (Problems connecting to AccessPoints, not properly working Notifications and so on) would have been tolerable for me until they would have been fixed, because...

... I WILL MISS the great User-Interface and the Hub - brilliant work and gets my biggest respect. A completely new experience. Compared to the awful UIs of iOS or Android it was an enjoyable time for me with the z10.

The most beautiful piece of hardware, replaceable Battery, good Screen and a simple but great music-player with the possibility to skip via Volume-Keys (Best thing to have while driving).

Thanks to all here in forum for the tipps you gave me regarding my requests.
I hope blackberry would get more involved to your requests and will give up their non-presence here.

Have a good time
Many Regards
Chris

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
pkcable
My Device: Z30/Xperia Z Ultra

Re: Good bye

Wouldn't it be funny if both those issues were addressed in 10.1?

Rich C (PKcable)
From Crackberry.com

If I have been helpful please click like! Use the Thumbs up icon below this message. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
chris_swiss

That would be tragic!!!

But I had no other choice to return it without problems - after a certain time it's no more possible to get replacemt.

If they told me that it would be solved - but even my provider had no infos.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
freakinvibe
My Device: Q10

Regarding 1: I don't really understand. When I compose a SMS message, it wraps the words and shows 4 lines of text while I am typing.

Also, the Send button is very big on the lower right corner of the keyboard, so you can't miss it.

But maybe I missunderstand you. Just trying to understand as I type SMS very easily on the Z10.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10

In relation to #1 he is actually complaining about the lack of carriage returns, not auto-wrap.:smileywink:

That is something that I think we all want, but certainly not enough of a reason for me to return the phone, simply too much other great stuff. :smileyhappy:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
freakinvibe
My Device: Q10

Carriage-Returns? In an SMS? Never in my whole life had the requirement for CRs in SMSs. Hmm, then I should quit Twitter because it doesn't allow CRs.

In previous BB models, you could not use CRs either, or? When I pressed the Enter button on my 9900, it immediately sent it.

Is that different on an iPhone or whatever the OP uses?
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]

I dont SMS but really this is a deal breaker?

numbers only for a device password is not very secure IMO, I use a combo of both letter and numbers

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Please use plain text.
Contributor
chris_swiss

[ Edited ]

Hi

1. No-Go Text-Messaging (I have to write severals a day):

No way to do a line-break or more precisely "manual word-wrap".

I need that (and on every other phone it's possible).

Of course I did not miss the send-button.

When writing in Portrait-Mode with one hand it happend often that I accidentally pressed send instead the point-key. So I sent instead one sms 2 or 3. Wrong place for a send-button.

So: No-Go for professional use in my case - for others no problem, of course.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
GranReviewsmo
My Device: Z10 STL-100

Carriage Returns on older BB devices Alt+Return.

Please use plain text.