If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
MaskedMagi
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Orange
Accepted Solution

Google Calendar not syncing

I've spent hours trying to solve this with no solution and it's a major problem for me and an actual dealbreaker, so I'd like to thank you all in advance for any help you're able to offer.

I rely heavily on Google Calendar and have two Gmail accounts - work and a Google Business email account. I use multiple Calendars for both accounts, and none seem to be supported by BlackBerry 10.

Personal Gmail
After trying many times, two things keep happening:

1.) When I enter my Gmail details, contacts and emails are fine. Calendar also appears on the list, but when I open up the calendar app, only the local Calendar is shown. The devcal settings are there and correct, but nothing appears.

2.) Sometimes when I re-add the Gmail account to try and resolve this issue, I get an error message saying that it cannot connect or authenticate with the server. Again, no calendar.

Work Gmail
With my work gmail account, I don't even get as far as the steps above. When I enter my details (via the specified Gmail selection in 'create new account', I only get email.

Also, my work gmail contacts (with the database of company emails) also aren't showing up, meaning I have to type each work email address out manually.

This is a real deal breaker for me and I'd really appreciate any help or input if this is happening to anyone else. I know I know I'm not the only one with this problem:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/calendar/5KEecRbDrCQ/1Nma0GkzuKgJ

and have similar problems on my PlayBook. IS Google Calendar simply not supported in BB10? Because that's really quite bad. Coupled with the bad Maps app makes this a real deal breaker, which is a massive shame as I like everything else about the Z10 and BB10.

Thanks for the help.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Google Calendar not syncing

Hey MaskedMagi,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

I would like to help you with this issue, the issue you are having with your personal Gmail account may be related to the following article: 

Unable to add or modify CalDAV Gmail calendar account

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33458

Can you confirm if the error message outlined in the article is the same error message you are receiving?

Thank you.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MaskedMagi

Thanks for the swift response. I can confirm that that is the message I'm receiving for my personal account. Not sure what is going on with the business account calendar and contacts though.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
scottdeagan
My Device: Z10 • Z30 • PlayBook
My Carrier: 3 Network UK

I also have two GMail accounts, one for work and one for personal email. I managed to sync my email, calendar and contacts for both accounts by doing the following:

1. Click on the Add Account button.

2. Click on the Advanced button.

3. Select "Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync".

4. Enter a description.

5. Enter "m.google.com" in the Domain field.

6. Entered my full email address in the "Username" field.

7. Entered by full email address again in the "Email Address" field.

8. Entered my password in the "Password" field.

9. Entered "m.google.com" in the "Server Address" field.

10. Left the port set to the default (443).

11. Left "Use SSL" set to "On".

12. Left "User VPN" set to "Off".

13. Left "Push" set to "On".

14. Click on the "Next" button at the top.

15. Make sure email, calendar and contacts are set to "On".

Everything worked after that.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
khurley
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 02

im having the exact same problem

It says cant authenticate when trying to add it. 

Massive problem as is my work calendar 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MaskedMagi

I tried the exchange method above and putting m.google.com as the domain and that worked for the default calendars thank you. I have yet to try adding the devcal data for the other calenders but I'll let you know how u get on with that. 

Not sure if u should start a separate thread for this, but foes anyone know how to get Google business contacts synced, as I gave to enter my coworkers' emails manually at the moment which is quite frustrating and long winded.

Thanks again 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
NickD123

Many thanks Scott,

I have been trying all day to get my contacts on to my new Z10 your solution has been a life saver!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pcarrescia
My Carrier: Rogers

I am having the same problem. Personal email account (Gmail hosted) initial set up all three accounts - IMAP, cardDAV and calDAV without an error. But calDAV didn't actually work. When I went into that account it wouldn't resave (even if no changes were made), receiving the above error message.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

and so ? Did you wait 24h, pcarrescia?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pcarrescia
My Carrier: Rogers

Not yet 24 hours so haven't tried yet.

But an initial sync of the calendar did occur at some point after my original post.  But currently the BB is not allowing me to create appointments into the gmail calendar (only calendars available to create into are BBM Groups and Local).  Its not showing the gmail calendar available to create entries into, although it does show all entries from the gmail calendar from the initial synchronization.

Please use plain text.