Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Google Calendar not syncing

Delete Account and add in again but Before even entering email address scroll down and choose advanced, then choose Exchange Active Sync. Then use m.google.com for server address.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

I know that will solve the problem, but isnt Google disable ActiveSync access for non Google Apps customers?

Also, I spent a lot of time linking together a bunch of contacts with their BBM, Twitter, etc, accounts and if I delete the IMAP, CalDAV and CardDAV accounts and re-add it  as an ActiveSync account, won't i have to relink everything?  

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

EAS does it all and then your done.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Koodo

Hello all,

I just picked up a Z10 on Tuesday in Canada and, like the rest of you, could not sync my Google calendars to the Z10 with the default Gmail setup. The following is an explanation of how I managed to sync multiple Google calendars (all linked to the same email address).

First, I followed the instructions posted by Blackberry to connect to Gmail through Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync. That took care of syncing up my contacts, emails, and my primary google calendar. I also have a work calendar and a Canadian Holiday calendar linked to the same email address and I wanted those available on my phone without adding a bunch of different accounts.

Next I followed these directions to sync up all of my google calendars. They are written for the Playbook, but it's the same process for the Z10. I also enabled "Delete Email as Trash", because when I click "delete email" I don't want to archive it, despite Google setting that as the default behaviour...

Needless to say, piecing together this information was quite a task, and enabling multiple calendar sync is way more complicated than it should be. I have read that Google is not supporting new ActiveSync activations for free users, so this method may not work for people who have never used ActiveSync with Google. I'm not sure if the problem is on Blackberry's side or Google's, but this type of bug is probably only scaring new Blackberry users away. I hope that the issue is resolved soon.

Contributor
My Carrier: Bell

This set (scottdeagon) seems to work for my google apps accounts.  However, I can only see the default gmail calendar, and not other calendars I have setup.   Also, I can not send a calendar invite from this account, in participants field, it says, "This calendar does not support participants"?

Anyone else having this issue - know how to fix ?

Contributor

Please read my previous post (immediately preceeding your post) if you want to sync multiple Google calendars. Not sure about invites.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Orange

[ Edited ]

Willjansen, I cannot thank you enough, that method worked perfectly, just had to select blackberry instead of playbook from the list, following those instructions you linked to. Can't believe that's how far we have to go for such simple functionality, but at least the method you linked to worked! Combined with the side loading of Google maps, I can actually almost exclusively use the Z10 as my only phone.

The only thing still stopping me however is that when I compose and email, it cannot access my work or personal Gmail contacts from the online database, meaning I have to type out each email address manually which is incredibly frustrating. Does anyone have any thoughts on this, or perhaps I should start a new thread? 

EDIT: I found a temporary workaround. In my work Gmail settings a selected every email in the directory and added it to my work Gmail account's contacts lost. That means over 250 work email addresses showed up in my phone contacts, so I went to the contact settings on my Z10 and turned off my work Gmail contacts so that only my personal ones would appear.

So whenever I type an email I have access to all my work address which is great. Not the tidies solution but St least it works!

New Contributor
My Device: Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Vodafone

[ Edited ]

Scottdeagan's Microsoft Exchange Solution works perfectly for me, except for two odd glitches:

1. I have both a regular GMail account and a work Google Apps account. Syncing with the Google Apps account is quite slow. About 60-90 seconds slower than the personal one (and the work email arrives much faster on my other devices...)

2. When deleting an email from either account on my Z10, the email is not deleted in my inbox... Very frustrating! In fact, it is still marked as 'unread'!

EDIT:  Re. point 2, I just read this on Crackberry: "Also note: deleted Gmail messages are just archived, not trashed, and that's a good thing.". Frustrating really, because if I delete a message I want it deleted, not sitting in my **bleep** archive.

Any one have any pointers for the first issue?

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Orange

If you look at the link in willjansen's post above he mentions how you can select a delete as trash option, maybe that will help? 

As for the slow syncing, I'm not too sure. My work Google apps email seems to be ok. At least it works, albeit a little slower!

Contributor

No problem MaskedMagi, glad I could help.

As for the contact situation, I don't have a Google Apps for business account, so I can't comment on that. However, I did notice that it took quite a while for my Gmail contacts from my personal account to sync up after switching to the ActiveSync method. I just left it overnight and everything (mail, contacts, and calendar) was synced up properly by the next morning.

Another thing about syncing Gmail contacts, the Z10 will only pull down contacts that are in "My Contacts", which are contacts that you have explicitly added to your contact list. There is another group of contacts that Gmail tracks called "Other Contacts". These are contacts that you may have had correspondence with, but haven't explicitly added to your contacts list. When using the web client, Gmail will autofill from all of your contact lists (both "My Conacts" as well as "Other Contacts"), whereas on the phone, you can only select from your "My Contacts" list. It's a relatively simple process to move contacts from one list to the other online. Hope that helps.